Cigar Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have gotten some good info (or at least opinion) from the Dr. Puro site which of course is a front for Purofino cigars. Does anyone have experience with the Blue or Gold label Purofino? It's one brand that I don't recall seeing much of on the forum here...maybe there's a reason for that?? :rolleyes:

The sales language on the website makes 'em sound delicious, but then that's always the case.....

·
Registered
200 Posts
Smoked some of the Purofino Dom Petite Belicosos back in the day. They were pretty tasty smokes as I recall. Couldn't give you an opinion on the others in the line.

Whatever's out there now should have a week or two's age on it, I would think.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I'd be interested to hear about this too.

To add another question... Does anyone know anything about Purofino's new line called "Milenio"? Thanks.

·
DymOnamic
966 Posts
more nub stories, pt 4
Purofino Milenio Churchill :7 by 48

Touted to be made at the finest D.R. factory. Sposed to be Davidoffs . I found this cigar to be annoying and frustrating. It was boring, never opened up, tasted like a cardboard match was stuck inside. Let down in Seatown! 5

I wrote this quick review last June after I tried a couple of them. It is all subjective, I'm not fond of Davidoffs either. I don't even like Opus X, even if they were readily available and $3 a stick!
And I am a buzz factor freak! Especially if it's an isom. Just my .02 cents! :w You could love em!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Thanks.

I liked the one Davidoff that I could afford to buy on sale. I also like some other products coming from that factory. If I see some at the local guy maybe I'll buy a couple samples. They're cheap enough and as you say, taste is subjective.

You know a lot of other folks like the Occidental HSGs (I think they might be made in the same Kelner factory but not 100% sure) but those have never tripped my trigger. Like your comment on the Purofino, the HSGs to me seemed really lacking in the flavor department. I'll heed your warning and not leap on a box or anything.

·
Registered
369 Posts
back to kscotty's question...

So now that I've totally hijacked this thread of kscotty's, does anyone else have experience with Purofino Blue and Gold lines?

Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts