Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Bull Goose Gorilla
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are good cigars and there are great cigars and the Punch Super Selection #2 is one of the truly great cigars. I have been working on a cab of these for a while. I am not sure of the date, but they have been sitting in my humidor for at least 6 years. From time to time I smoke one and am always delighted. I remember when I opened the package when it arrived at my office. When I cut away all of the extra packaging and wrapping and opened it up I was met with the richest, earthiest aroma that I have ever experienced from a box of cigars. They were dark and oily and it took all I had not to just smoke them up, but my patience has been rewarded. This morning I took a nice long ride. God, I love long rides. I chose a particularly beautiful specimen to accompany me. It still had that deep earthy aroma and had developed a lovely haze. I fondled it and smelled it for a while before lighting. The first puff was heaven. Rich, spicy, but mostly tobacco. Deep earthy, aged tobacco. I could smoke these all the time, but I won't because each one smoked depletes my dwindling supply and I may never get a cab like this one again. I love cigars, but I especially love a truly great cigar.

·
-
11,412 Posts
Re: Punch SS #2

having had a few terrific punch-punchs, and knowing they also make the one you reviewed and the Royal Sel #11... which to choose from?

sounds like an excellent experience though. you have more willpower than i do, that's for sure.

·
Registered
368 Posts

sgoselin said:
I could smoke these all the time, but I won't because each one smoked depletes my dwindling supply and I may never get a cab like this one again. I love cigars, but I especially love a truly great cigar.
Great review!
The guy that initially introduced me to the Slippery Slope will say (when he pulls out a prized beauty) "Man...they're so good I don't even wanna smoke 'em!".

·
Registered
668 Posts

IHT said:
having had a few terrific punch-punchs, and knowing they also make the one you reviewed and the Royal Sel #11... which to choose from?

sounds like an excellent experience though. you have more willpower than i do, that's for sure.
all fairly close IMHO...........If I had to pick one (and it's tough), I would have to pick the SS.

:z

·
Registered
2,049 Posts

Yeah that review is making my mouth water. :p

Sounded like a wonderful experience.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts

Now I'm going site to site checking prices. Man I really hate the slippery slopes :D ........NOT!!!!

·
Registered
904 Posts

Thats the first review thats actually made my mouth water, and created a need to immediately smoke a cigar.

Good Job

·
Registered
2,049 Posts

motortown said:
:c BWAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAA!!!!! :c
OHHHH you think thats funny do you...... :fu :D

Smoke a JL#2 lately? Smoked one the other day. It was really good. And in a yr it will knock my socks off.

·
HOT for HILLARY!!
3,591 Posts

Wooo! Thanks for reminding me. I have had a couple of these tucked away in the humidor for about a year. I completely forgot about them...might be time to kill one

·
Registered
2,049 Posts

1f1fan said:
Too bad these are on the cut-list...I gotta get my hands on some!

Very nice review!
Damn I totally forgot about that..............well I hope I can get a Cab or 2 before they get cut.

If not oh well.......but I would like to get at least 1 cab to hold onto.

·
Registered
756 Posts

AAlmeter said:
Wooo! Thanks for reminding me. I have had a couple of these tucked away in the humidor for about a year. I completely forgot about them...might be time to kill one
i must say, forgetting about what you have in a humidor is really not fair at all.
jimmy
:tpd:

·
HOT for HILLARY!!
3,591 Posts

No, its not that I have that many...I wish. I built myself a cabinet humidor last year, and being so empty it becomes cavernous and difficult to find things. :D

I bought them as singles, and I typically put unbanded singles into old boxes. Out of sight out of mind.

be assured that my forgetfullness is a function of the size of my brain, not the size of my collection.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts

And yet another habano go on my shopping list. I gotta stop reading reviews :c

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.