Cigar Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, it has been a long day and I'm tired of working so I thought I'd do something fun for a few minutes.

I found a little wooden box wrapped in paper lifting up my cigar oasis.

Had I known these were Punch I would have smoked them a long time ago, but it was a surprise when I opened the box and found these.
I took the one called ROTHSCHILD EMS. 4.5 x 50

Cigar lit well and tasted great (I swear, I am becoming a Punch snob) Immediatly I loved this cigar.

It burned very slowly and produced a nice thick smoke. This cigar probably sat in my humidor for 8 months at 65rh. I dont know if stiing directly under the oasis made it moist thus the slow burn and big smoke, big thats a good possibility.

About an inch into the cigar, the ash started splitting on me. I've never had this happen and found it amusing.

So I kept smoking and enjoying, each puff getting stronger, and the ash kept doing its weird split.

I decided to see how long it would last. I enjoyed every puff and this cigar produces great smoke rings.

Halfway down the ash stopped splitting but still hung onto the cigar, this is even after me hitting it with the camera.

So a great cigar, one I will certainly buy a box of.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Your little box contains all three of my favorite Punches. Wait till you try the one on the right!

I don't know if it is humidity or what, but I have had several of my cigars ash that way recently.

BTW - what turned me on to the Punch in the first place was the Rothchild. I can get both the EMS and the Maduro at my local Tobacco Hut for $3.10 a stick. The "cigar shops" in the area want over $4.00 for a single.

One of the things that I like about the Punch Rothchild is its consistency. I have only had a couple that had manufacturing flaws, and even these were still smokable. Even though I have purchased these from various vendors, they always seem to taste the same and smoke just like you discuss (without the snakes, usually). As to the Rare Corojo Rothchild you have pictured; this would likely be what I would ask for if I could only smoke one cigar brand from now on. The PRC, in any size, is tops in almost every way. The only reason they have not nuzzeled away the Afriques that I keep in my favorite spot in the humidor is the fact that I can get the Afriques. PRCs are near impossible to get locally for me, and the places that I usually order from don't always have them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.