Cigar Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In celebration of my failing a recertification exam, I smoked A Punch PCDP on my way back to work. This was from a new box FKC JUL04.

Appearance was excellent as expected. Nice carmel color, well rolled with a nice triple cap. Typical tight Havana draw but not unworkable.

Lit well but the beginning was a bit harsh if not dull if you know what I mean. Very green. I am in this box about 6 months too early.

It does get better though. The middle smoked very creamy and smooth. No great flavors yet but will be much better with some age.

The cigar finished surprisingly well. Very spicy and gave hints to how good the cigar will be with patience.

This box represents a great value in my opinion for a smaller smoke. It is great for when you do not have a lot of time but do not want to sacrifice the smoking experience. Roughly $5 a piece. Recommended.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Re: Punch Petit Corona del Punch

Nice Review

If you don't mind saying, what was your recert for? TSA?

·
-
11,412 Posts

nice review... i've had 1 of these and they were excellent.

i have a question though, what does "typically tight havana draw" mean? do you have problems with your havanas have tight draws? about the only cigars i have that give me fits are H.Upmanns... most of mine draw easier than domestics (and always burn better).

·
Registered
21,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

IHT said:
nice review... i've had 1 of these and they were excellent.

i have a question though, what does "typically tight havana draw" mean? do you have problems with your havanas have tight draws? about the only cigars i have that give me fits are H.Upmanns... most of mine draw easier than domestics (and always burn better).
A bit of sarcasm actually ;) I haven't had the best luck lately with cigars. It is almost as if the tobacco world is conspiring against me. I have had my share of tough drawing sticks lately. I'm sure it will even out though. And this one wasn't that bad.

·
Registered
21,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

miketafc said:
Nice Review

If you don't mind saying, what was your recert for? TSA?
No, it was an exam for a piece of equipment that I have worked with for almost a decade. I just didn't pay attention and missed it by one question. I'll retake it Monday and I'll pass no problem :tg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.