Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are a cabinet version from 2001. I've had other ninfas from dress boxes, but they just don't compare to these. Now I haven't smoked any of the really old ones out there... simply because I can't bring myself to spend that kind of money on a panatella. Although, as good as these current production ones are, I don't have any yearning to try the older ones. These might not be the prettiest cigar, but damn are they tasty.

I don't do those extensive reviews, so I will just say that this cigar is more complex than one would think. It went great with the Pyrat XO rum I was drinking at the time. The flavor changes throughout the cigar, and the aroma is wonderful. The flavors I could detect were a nice spicy cedar flavor, and a sweet earthiness that makes your nose tingle. Also, I must note that I never really appreciated the panatellas when I first started smoking. These cigars must be smoked very slowly and gently to avoid bitterness and overheating. Next to some older La Glorias, I would rate this as the 2nd top panatellas in my book.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Bran, as I'm sure you know, I'm not much of a Punch smoker, but Ninfas are the exception and the older the better, especially cabinets. :)

·
Registered
416 Posts
punch ninfas.......................
lovem
i have tried a few of the newer ones but i prefer the well aged ones which i always try to have on hand.

70's,early/mid ,80's ninfas are my cigar of choice when drinking the highest end cognacs
which is also my drink of choice!

a short review of 82 ninfas cabs

[email protected]*N F&%$ING GOOD!!!!!

K

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
drill said:
punch ninfas.......................
lovem
i have tried a few of the newer ones but i prefer the well aged ones which i always try to have on hand.

70's,early/mid ,80's ninfas are my cigar of choice when drinking the highest end cognacs
which is also my drink of choice!

a short review of 82 ninfas cabs

[email protected]*N F&%$ING GOOD!!!!!

K
Sheeeet, maybe I will have to break down and get some of those old ones to try:fu :w

·
Registered
410 Posts
Psst...
Call your neighbor.. hehe!
Yeah these are a top smoke ussually.
THere should only be - hmm let me think..
If VIkder tries to smoke 4 of these out of a box, yeah ok..
there should only be 4 of them plugged - THE ONES YOU TOUCH!!!
LOL

YOu know its your luck..

ANyway I had a coule of "older" Niffas and they where pretty dang great!
Hb

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Re: Punch ninfa

Had a chance to finally experience one of these from 1970....incredible pre-light taste...very floral/earthy. Fantastic draw for such a small cigar. And the potentcy of this little baby...rocked my world and left my lips tingling. This one was from a cab of 50 and I'm glad I have more left!!!

·
Banned
8,745 Posts

Navydoc said:
Had a chance to finally experience one of these from 1970....incredible pre-light taste...very floral/earthy. Fantastic draw for such a small cigar. And the potentcy of this little baby...rocked my world and left my lips tingling. This one was from a cab of 50 and I'm glad I have more left!!!
:tpd: :tpd:

·
Registered
4,509 Posts

Navydoc said:
Da Klugs said:
stole one from docs box.:D

·
Registered
2,038 Posts

Nice review Brandon. I have some of these from the 80's and have smoked a few from the 70's as well. Fantastic cigar. Oddly enough I have never smoked one thats newer. Has the blend changed much on these after 94?

·
Registered
6,184 Posts

MotheMan was so kind to put a '97 Ninfa in the Extravaganza box pass, and I was so greedy as to snag it:) It currently sits on death row awaiting execution, probably New Year's Eve.

·
Block Watcher
3,995 Posts

The one I have had was out freaking standing. Really. Damn you pnoon, as if I needed encouragement on my slip down the slope...

Of course the quest to find a cab of these has proven to be amusing.

Still looking...

·
I got nothing here
2,135 Posts

I had an excellent example of one of these from the '70s while at LOLH (thanks Bling). The comments made by Doc are pretty dead on to what I remember. Just a fantastic cigar.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts