Cigar Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fellow Apes, how's everybody doing? Wee hours of the morning and I'm still on night shift on my days off. Can't get my clock squared away. Probably going to die younger because of night shift, but in the hospital only shift worth working. In the immortal words of Derric Morris, after forty it's all downhill anyway! Anyway smoking a Punch Rare Corojo Rothschild. Very tasty cigar. Beautiful, glossy, oily, vein free wrapper, lots of smoke, pleasant after taste, tastes like tobacco, not meat, mushrooms, or iodine, and reasonably priced. Anybody else like 'em? Frank B

·
Registered
76 Posts
:u I love the regular Punch roths but have never tried the Corojo. Must do that soon.

Yep, that graveyard shift work'll get ya if you let it.

Relax and enjoy your smoke!:u

G

·
FrankB said:
Anyway smoking a Punch Rare Corojo Rothschild. Very tasty cigar. Beautiful, glossy, oily, vein free wrapper, lots of smoke, pleasant after taste, tastes like tobacco, not meat, mushrooms, or iodine, and reasonably priced. Anybody else like 'em? Frank B [/B]
I think the punch rare corojo is one of the better cigars i've had. not too expensive either, i think i paid 5 bucks for it. i had the rothschild just like you, and i've only had one of them. thanks for reminding me to grab another!!!

SKY

·
Registered
42 Posts
i love them to! you're righ about the flavor. just great tobacco flavor.
have you ever checked out the nic. factory corojos?

also a good cigar.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Yep one of my favorite go to cigars when Im on a trip.
THey go great driving long distance.

!

·
DymOnamic
966 Posts
FrankB said:
Fellow Apes, how's everybody doing? Wee hours of the morning and I'm still on night shift on my days off. Can't get my clock squared away.
I have one of them Punch Rare Corojo Roths in the humi, it is real old and waiting for me. Got it from Pokers Pass. Thanks for the review FrankB.

I'm turning around now from 7 nights of 12 hour shifts(84 hour week). I've been working between days and nights for about 16 years, never a problem till after I turned 45. Now I feel a bit of sleepiness creeping in while working away at the salt mines. I still dig the peacefulness of 3 AM.

You may already know, but I'll pass this along.....a tidbit of true history from the Victorian era, 1849-1900

The terms "saved by the bell" and "graveyard shifts" were also established during this era. When you were buried, you would be buried with a string attached to your finger so you could ring a bell if you were to awake. Thus, you could be "saved by the bell." In case the buried one would awaken, people were hired to watch over the graveyards and monitor the bells, creating the term "graveyard shift." rns

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts