Cigar Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am writing this one a little late as I had it on Friday but this is the first chance I have had to actually sit dwn and think about it. Chateau L was a Double maduro 7 1/4 X 54 so this was a large cigar for me as I usually smoke rubustos or a it larger. I stayed at the cigar shop to smoke this one because there was a couple of guys there that I have had some great conversation with and they are very knowledgable BOTLs. I clipped this one with a double blade cutter and form the prelight draw i could tell this one was going to be a bit stronger than I am used to but it had a good smooth free draw to it. i toasted the foot and lit it up and it was very flavorful from even the beginning. While sitting there looking at the construction of it , I notices some glittering crystals on it, i guess it had been in the shop a while. i had a nice dark wrapper with some noticible veins running through it. So I smoked and chatted for a while and I hadn't been paying much attention but it had about 2" of ash hanging on. Through th first half it was a very spicey and peppery smoke and at about the halfway point it began to mellow a bit but the spice and the pepper remained. I smoked this one to about 2" and had to set it down cause by now the power of the full bodied cigar was begining to get to me. i stood up and was a bit queesy as some others have said lately but that was quickle rectified with a Coke from the gracious shop owner. All in all I would say this was a good cigar, a bit stronger than I uually look for but it was a good change of pace. I would rate it a 4.5 out of 5, and I am going to get some more of these because I know with some time I will enjoy them even more. Sorry about the long windedness but it is as much of a experience with this one as a review.

·
Duke of prunes
537 Posts
Re: Punch Chateau L

Nice Review! :w
I enjoy most Punch and Hoyo Maduros. Sounds like they may have developed a little plume. I've bought some that have needed time in the humi, so those just might be a "good buy" for ya.

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts

Good review. I haven't had a Punch Deluxe in some time, but have had the pleasure of having a few slap me around & make me like it too. :)

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Actually Khat I have a deluxe sitting in the humi now, and I am trying to give it some tine to rest but now am having trouble letting it set! I kinda enjoyed letting the L slap me around a bit.

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts

Mmm! Nice. Gonna have to try one.

Kinda' reminds me of how good the Punch Grand Gru #2 Maduro.

·
Registered
344 Posts

The punch chateau L is one of my favs, along with the chateau M. Love them both in maddie and nats. Ive found they tend to even out a bit with some extra time in the humi, infact i think i have a box i buried around here somewhere and your review is going to make me dig them up !!!! :r

...kjpman

·
Registered
949 Posts

I like the punch cigars. I smoke them all of the time. I usually smoke the Pita in a mduro maduro. They don't strike me as being full bodied. I wold have to rate the strenght at about a good solid medium.

·
Registered
7,155 Posts

I tried one of these tonight, and I wasn't disappointed. Like Redman said, very flavorful and spicy, and it burned nice and slow so it lasted a good long time. I didn't find this one to have the "kick in the a$$" that the Hoya Celebracion I had earlier in the week had, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. I think I will throw a couple of these in the humi and see how they age.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.