Cigar Forums banner

Puff NC Make a Wish - MAW 3.1

50K views 858 replies 49 participants last post by  SammyD84 
#1 · (Edited)
This is a traditional "Make a Wish" or MAW designed to afford members the opportunity to try "new to them" cigars on their wish list in exchange for fulfilling other members wishes.

It goes like this: If you can fulfill another member's currently posted wish by sending them at least a few of the cigars on their list you claim it and send them the cigars. Once those cigars arrive you become the next to post your own wish list, which hopefully someone will soon fulfill. And on it goes…

A designated monitor will handle day-to-day operations, such as instructing members when to post their wish-list, etc…

MAW 3.1 Rules:

2. To claim a list, you must be able to supply from 2 to 5 cigars from their wish-list

3. You may also include up to 3 additional cigars not on their list

4. If you claim another's wish-list you must ship within 1-week, else it will be put back in play

5. When fulfilling a wish, post the tracking number directly after shipping, but please wait until the cigars actually arrive to post your own wish list.

6. As a receiver you should verify receipt of cigars when they arrive, preferably posting a photo (note: if the receiver fails to do so the MAW Monitor may verify through tracking instead)

7. You may not claim the next wish-list of the person who fulfilled your wish (A>B>C, not A>B>A), though you may do so on a later cycle

8. You may NOT pass your wish to other members

9. Your wish-list should include 10 or more items, and at the very least include brand names, if not specific series and individual cigars you'd like to receive. Saying "anything you think I'd like" or such does not qualify as a wish-list item (that's already covered by the off-list option - see #3), but there is no limit to the number of cigars you may list as wishes.

See less See more
#3 ·
Alright, lets crank up this Calliope:

Oliva MB3 or Melanio
Norteno
Umbagog
Any LP or Fritas
Padron X000 or Londres
Any Don Carlos or Hemmingway
Mi Querida
Any BLTC
BWKS Killer Bee or Rorschach
Curivari Gloria de Leon or any other CV
CFed Back From The Dead or Hot Cocoa
Any RoMa Craft
Crowned Heads Tennessee Waltz, Yellow Rose or Buckeye
Any EZ or Nomad

#7 ·
You know what’s cool? Not only do I understand the MAW for the first time, but I actually could’ve covered Ghost’s list, which makes me think maybe I’m not quite the noob I usually think I am! :)

Excited to get this going!

#8 ·
BTW, there is some leeway on #9 as to what to post on your list. As stated, just asking for whatever the sender likes is already covered with the built-in allowance for off-list cigars and therefore not a valid wish. But you can still make fairly broad requests, like "boutique brand maduros" or "any AJ Fernandez blended cigars, regardless of brand" or "any Nicaraguan puro with Medio Tiempo in the blend".

#10 ·
I forgot to subscribe to the 3.0 list and I'm just now seeing the fallout. Glad it's over and I welcome the new MAW. I like all the changes except one, which I will PM to someone, is @Humphrey's Ghost the person to send the PM?
I should point out that I was the last wish fulfilled on the old MAW and it has not arrived yet. Tracking says tomorrow, but I'll be out of town tomorrow so I will confirm on Sunday if it is indeed here (long way from AK to AR!)
Ghost's list was actually the first one that I could fulfill, @Wheels Up beat me to it! I'll be looking out for yours :)

#21 ·
I do hope you enjoy them, and thank you for allowing me the honor of capturing the first list.

Without further delay, here’s my wish list:

(Please let me know if it’s too specific. I wasn’t sure exactly how specific we should be)

Java by Drew Estates
Hemingway Short Story Maduro
Hemingway Work of Art Maduro
Hemingway Between the Lines
FFOX
A.F. Anejo
A.F. 858 Candela
Any Arturo Fuente with a Sun Grown wrapper
Any Don Carlos
Ashton VSG
Ashton ESG
Ashton Aged Maduro
Ashton Heritage Puro Sol
My Father Le Bijou
My Father La Opulencia Oscuro
My Father The Judge
Leaf by Oscar Maduro
Oliva V Maduro
CFed Queen of Hearts
Liga Privada No. 9
Alec Bradley Tempus Terra Nova

#35 ·
Ok here's my wish list. Borrowed a few from @Wheels Up list because it was a good one! Thank you!

Non descript
ANY EZRA ZION
Any southern draw
Any Lito Gomez blended sticks

Descript
Padilla Miami 8&11
Padilla 1932
Tatuaje Brown label Noellas or Caz
Hemingway Short Story Maduro
Hemingway Work of Art Maduro
Hemingway Between the Lines
A.F. 858 Candela