Cigar Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
4,433 Posts
...2. CANNOT KEEP THE RH at 65% -The beads in the cabinet are maybe 50% clear. Why am I still getting a higher than 65% RH? I have three hydro in the cabinet and they've been all calibrated recently, so don't think this is a inaccurate RH reading. They read anywhere from 67 to 71%.... Any comments?
I was having a similar problem with humidity running high in my Aristocrat. I called Bob and he said that often happens on the coast where it's not uncommon for humidity to be around 70%. The water reservoir allows too much water into the air so on his suggestion I closed off 90% of the slots and then for good measure I put some 65% beads in to absorb any excess moisture. I set the humidifier to kick in when the RH dips to 62% and now it holds a steady 64-65% RH.

·
4,433 Posts
I do have an extra fan hooked up to move air up from the bottom but I have a plus - I'm not sure if the mini needs one. If you do add one a timer is a good idea - mine is hooked up to the set and forget system and is set to run for 5 minutes every half hour.

To seal the slots I used electrical tape. Bob initially suggested I cover half the slots, then cover more if needed, so you may have to experiment. Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.