Cigar Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone is interested in part one it is here.

Because of the nature of top secret government research projects I was forced to sow a bit of disinformation in the last post. Phebe did in fact survive, but unfortunately lost one of her nine lives. We also have several other cats in training to deal with the recent unwarranted attacks on my mailbox.

Yesterday I received three packages in the mail. One was an order I placed but the other two seemed a bit strange. I put the girls to work on this so as to avoid any damage to my house...

As our oldest trainee we gave Phebe first crack. Not surprisingly she was not interested after what happened last time. Maybe the extra eight lives will not be as beneficial as we originally anticipated.

After striking out with Phebe, we gave UD a crack at the packages. She seemed concerned but was not giving any clear indications.

Next up was Samantha. As you can see she is the smartest of the three. After her confirmation of a bomb the proper agency's were called to defuse them. She got extra wet food for her fine work in this matter.

Once the bombs were defused I opened the first one to discover that I had been Danfished! WTF is going on here. I am neither LOBster nor Llama.

I very nice selection of sticks.

Pinar Del Rio Habano Seleccion Torpedo
Diesel Unholy Cocktail
Obsidian Gordo
Graycliff 1666 Presidente
Nica Libre Diplomatico
Carlos Torano Exodus Silver 1959 Robusto

Thank you very much Mr. Fish. I really appreciate it but I am a bit curious on how I showed up on your radar. I thought I was just being the quiet guy in the corner trying to stay on the down low.

Next up was this...

Poor Jake looks so sad. Probably because his dad was trying to set him up to take the fall. Shawn (OldMFer54) made the classic mistake of using his own name for the return addy. A very rookie mistake that I don't think Jake would have made.

First off a very nice non-AF selection of sticks.

Pinar Del Rio Habano Oscuro Churchill
Perdomo Reserve Limited Oscuro 'R'
Oba Oba Robusto Maduro
JR Edicion Limitada (?)
AVO Maduro #9

And then this comes out of the box...

Arturo Fuente Spanish Lonsdale Maduro
Arturo Fuente Flor Fina 8-5-8 Natural
Arturo Fuente Flor Fina 8-5-8 Maduro
Arturo Fuente Chateau Fuente Belicoso Maduro
Arturo Fuente Hemingway Work of Art Maduro

Okay so this was pretty impressive not only because of the sticks but because of the dedication you spent getting my addy. Thank you very much for the former, not so much for the latter. I understand you appreciated the tummy tuck and the back crack removal, but don't you think this was a bit much? The question at this point Shawn... do you think this is over?

·
Registered
8,056 Posts
He does - he pre empted struck me - in fact I think both our packages arrived the same day. The kitty's drop shipped a package straight from Tampa Sweethearts to my door. AF sampler pack (in the this is enough thread or whatever I titled it)

JP the one 858 is a sungrown, much nicer IMHO than the natural, especially with age on it.

·
LOB Underwater Director
1,622 Posts
You showed up on my radar because you joined Puff JP. You also brought us all great enjoyment watching your Po Boy sampler reviews. You deserve many bombs for smoking that much crap and letting all of Puff enjoy your misery.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He does - he pre empted struck me - in fact I think both our packages arrived the same day. The kitty's drop shipped a package straight from Tampa Sweethearts to my door. AF sampler pack (in the this is enough thread or whatever I titled it)

JP the one 858 is a sungrown, much nicer IMHO than the natural, especially with age on it.
I have a few choice words for you Shawn. First and foremost thank you. This was very kind... but after that... I don't know why you keep trying to blame that package on me. First you accuse me in the other thread and now you accuse my cats. All I could see from the picture is the word "Meow" Lots of cats say that Shawn. Ask Jake i'm sure he knows. Besides that do you think I have the kind of warped sense of humor that would send a AF maddy sampler to a self professed Fuente whore? That is just silly sir.

PS thanks for the correction on the SG.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You showed up on my radar because you joined Puff JP. You also brought us all great enjoyment watching your Po Boy sampler reviews. You deserve many bombs for smoking that much crap and letting all of Puff enjoy your misery.
I don't know about deserving any bombs for the Po' Boy reviews (although I do remember asking anything get sent to the rally and not me) but I'm really glad that you enjoyed them. I have gotten a lot of complements for them and i'm thrilled to have been able to make so many people laugh. I'm amazed at how many people have read them (Over 4,000 post views right now)

Again thank you for this fine selection of sticks. You nailed my tastes pretty close with this hit.

·
The Karate Squid
10,158 Posts
Those AF sticks are pure gold. I had a Short Story Maduro this afternoon, and it was sublime. The 8-5-8 Sungrown is much, much better than the natural, and the maduro hasn't failed me yet.

Great hits, from both Dan and Shawn. Enjoy 'em in good health, JP!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.