Cigar Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Private Trackers & Torrents

1K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  UBC03 
#1 ·
Anyone on here using private trackers for torrent files? Anyone have any tracker invites that they'd like to trade? I have a few good ones and I don't trust the invite and trading sites. Looking for something different...

#8 ·
Torrents are for file sharing. They take a file, such as a movie, and break it up into small parts. When you download the file, you only download a small part of it from multiple people at the same time. The more people you have “seeding” the file, generally the faster it will download. With a good solid connection, I’ve seen a 4gb file download in about 1-2 minutes. Trackers are how torrents are indexed so they can be searched, and thus downloaded. They’re usually private, well because file sharing is frowned upon by certain organizations, therefore access is usually by invitation only.

#9 ·
Completely forgot I posted this. Thanks for the explanation @Rabidawise Probably should have done it myself. Good to know that I'm not completely alone on the island of FOG's who don't know about computers. At least not yet anyways. Give it ten more years and I'll be joining them.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

#10 ·
Torrents are for file sharing. They take a file, such as a movie, and break it up into small parts. When you download the file, you only download a small part of it from multiple people at the same time. The more people you have "seeding" the file, generally the faster it will download. With a good solid connection, I've seen a 4gb file download in about 1-2 minutes. Trackers are how torrents are indexed so they can be searched, and thus downloaded. They're usually private, well because file sharing is frowned upon by certain organizations, therefore access is usually by invitation only.
Completely forgot I posted this. Thanks for the explanation @Rabidawise Probably should have done it myself. Good to know that I'm not completely alone on the island of FOG's who don't know about computers. At least not yet anyways. Give it ten more years and I'll be joining them.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
So, is this legal or not legal? Don't give me "it's a gray area" crap. I lived half my life in the "gray area". So I know, even when you reside there, there's still right and wrong.

#15 ·
I'm gonna go with the assumption that no one is downloading stuff that doesn't have a copyright. Sounds to me like it'd be used to download movies, TV, etc.

So I'm going to close this thread.

Reactions: TCstr8 and MattT
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.