Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
HOT for HILLARY!!
3,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, my turn to ask for some thoughts/prayers. It seems Im pretty bad luck for the women in my life. Found out my mother has arthritis very bad (luckily it wasnt bone cancer as they had thought), and treatment is somewhat tricky because of her previous battles with cancer. They started her out on a new treatment for rheumatoid arthritis, and she had a pretty bad delayed allergic reaction, hives, throat swelling shut, etc. On top of that she had a lot of bleeding and bruising under her skin because of her blood pressure medicine, prednisone, and this new drug. Now shes stuck taking pretty much nothing and is in a lot of pain. And of course she refuses to sit still and rest.

On top of that it looks like my girlfriend may have a thyroid problem, at only 21.

So I ask for prayers and advise all you women-folk to stay away...Im bad luck.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Prayers sent!

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
Prayers sent with hopes for a rapid recovery and return to good health & spirit
--Amen.

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
Prayers sent brother.

Good news! No cancer. I know that isn't much help to her, or you, but it is still a blessing.

Remember.....you can't take the blame for the bad in life, just because it happened to someone you love. IT AIN'T YOUR FAULT!

Your job is to love them. I'm sure you're doing just fine at that.

·
Definitely not a puff fan
1,804 Posts
AAlmeter,

Been going thru a very similar situation with my mother. It actually took the doctors several years to figure out it was rheumatoid arthritis. She has been on and off prednisone for years, and now is also on a cancer drug that also helps her symptoms. She is learning to manage it, it is a long process.

I will be praying for your mom, girlfriend, and you.

LeafHog

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Prayers sent! God bless!

·
HOT for HILLARY!!
3,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone.

LeafHog said:
AAlmeter,

Been going thru a very similar situation with my mother. It actually took the doctors several years to figure out it was rheumatoid arthritis. She has been on and off prednisone for years, and now is also on a cancer drug that also helps her symptoms. She is learning to manage it, it is a long process.

I will be praying for your mom, girlfriend, and you.

LeafHog
the doctors are worried about long term prednisone use with my mom because she already has a somewhat comprimised immune system from the cancer and drugs from that. hopefully when she restarts on this new drug (humira), she wont have the allergic reaction. it seems to be a miracle drug for RA in that it fights the problem, not just the symptoms...but she may not be able to take it. Luckily its only $2100 a month (2 doses per month). I need to start dealing some of that stuff on the black market.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Hey Adam,

Hang in there buddy, God has a way of working this stuff out. You and your mom and Girlfriend will be in my prayers. Hey for the Girlfriend. Stop over to Southside and see Doctor Weiner. His office is right near Dees Cafe accross from the Bee Hive. He has some natural remidies for thyroid. It is certainly better than synthroid at such a young age.

·
HOT for HILLARY!!
3,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
kamikaiguy said:
Hey Adam,

Hang in there buddy, God has a way of working this stuff out. You and your mom and Girlfriend will be in my prayers. Hey for the Girlfriend. Stop over to Southside and see Doctor Weiner. His office is right near Dees Cafe accross from the Bee Hive. He has some natural remidies for thyroid. It is certainly better than synthroid at such a young age.
Thanks for the prayers and Ill mention that to her. She gets her results from all of the tests this week. Hopefully everything will turn out OK. Still not sure about my mom though...shes been waking up every day with a fever, today she was at 104 at 70 years old...not good.

·
HOT for HILLARY!!
3,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Unfortunately, I have to ask for everyone's prayers again.

Yesterday, I was driving home for break when my brother called. Apparantly my mother had found 2 lumps, and a week or so ago she had surgery to have them removed. They ran the tests, and she found out yesterday she has breast cancer again. She had it once, maybe 10 years ago and made a full recovery.

We dont know the full extent yet...probably will sometime this week. She beat it once, and we are all confident that she can do it again...but it couldnt happen at a worse time seeing as how her spirits are already low and she is in a lot of pain due to her polymyalgia (sp?). But atleast she has Christmas and a lot of family time to keep her smiling.

Thanks in advance everyone. This place is a great source of support and a great sounding board.

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
Am really sorry to hear this brother. Prayers sent.

·
Banned
6,267 Posts
Our prayers are with you man. Tell your Mom that she is in all our thoughts and she will make it through once again.

Its amazing how life seems to test you when your at your lowest point. Keep your head up AAlmeter, she will be fine.

How is your girlfriend?

·
HOT for HILLARY!!
3,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks guys. My mom is a strong woman, and we're all keeping our chins up.

GF is fine...all the tests turned out OK. Just some odd symptoms for a while, but they figure that between her natural 110% 24-7 (shes a fiery redhead) attitude, a heavy courseload, her father losing his job, and having just returned from a semester abroad, it was more of a stress problem.

Thanks again guys

1 - 20 of 105 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.