Cigar Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I got this liitle brochure thingy and its is all about this pacage deal fo 30 bucks. The deal is 12 different brand cigars, and ALuminum travel case, and a hat. The following are the cigar brands included. Partagas, La Gloria Onyx, Hoyo de moterey, Belmondo, La Perla Habana, Thompson VINTage, Especiale, Torano, and C.A.O Brazilia. I was wondering if any of those are any good.

·
X Canadian
1,306 Posts
patio87 said:
Ok I got this liitle brochure thingy and its is all about this pacage deal fo 30 bucks. The deal is 12 different brand cigars, and ALuminum travel case, and a hat. The following are the cigar brands included. Partagas, La Gloria Onyx, Hoyo de moterey, Belmondo, La Perla Habana, Thompson VINTage, Especiale, Torano, and C.A.O Brazilia. I was wondering if any of those are any good.
Partagas, La Gloria, Onyx, Hoyo de Monterey, La Perla Habana, Torano, and C.A.O Brazilia

7 out of 10 isn't bad. If you figure the case is worth $5-10 and the hat is worth $5 that means you are getting 7 decent smokes for $15.00. I'm sure that they'll send you the monthly catalog in hopes that you'll order more.

·
Still Smitty's biotch!
3,335 Posts
patio87 said:
Patio just be prepared to get a call letting you know that they are out of that combo but have a different combo with 24 of their house brand cigars for the same price. Alternately, you will be offered a box of their cigars worth $250 for only $40 extra. Thompson's really does put together great samplers for new smokers, unfortunately they pull bait and switch..

If you do order from them please post your experience here if your experience is different. I wouldn't want to steer people wrong.

Welcome to Club Stogie!
-Matt-

·
Registered
449 Posts
I have ordered a couple of samplers from them in the past but that is about all I would suggest oderig from them at all, their permium prices are a lot higher than places on the web. Also be prepared for them to worry the crap out of yo uto join their "Bonus club".

·
Registered
949 Posts
Thompsons is know for bait and switch.... They will be out of that sampler and try to switch you to a sampler for the same price with sucky cigars.

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
They do not pull this kind of crap with me cause I do not let them. I find out what I am getting "before" I hang up the phone. If they send me the wrong thing (they did it one time) then I ship it back to them on their nickle. That eliminates the hijinx pretty quickly.
The guys are right. Their prices are a minefield, but good deals can be had if you are careful.
Try www.cigarbid.com.

My god! What have I done!?!? :r

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.