Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Hey I'm in (depending on schedules). Even if it is just to sit at a bar, smoke/trade a couple cigars, and get to meet a few other CS cybermates.

_____
rm

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Roger Miller" said:
Hey I'm in (depending on schedules). Even if it is just to sit at a bar, smoke/trade a couple cigars, and get to meet a few other CS cybermates.

_____
rm
I work a rotating shift so will have to see what fits everyone...even if everyone is you and I :D are you on the East or West side of the river? I'm on the Westside where 217 & 26 meet :w

·
Registered
978 Posts
Ah, Cedar Mills area. I am in the inner city Belmont/Hawthorne area in SE. I am sure we can work something out. Let's see who else shows up. I PM'd FunkyPorcini -- his profile shows Portland. Should be a blast!

_____
rm

·
Registered
482 Posts
I'm in but it will have to be after I get rid of this nast throat cold. Damn thing hit fast and killed my throat. I can't put smoke down there for a little bit.

I think we should convince eef to come too. I'll PM him.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I can't garuntee anything- it depends on when. I have been way busy lately and that would be an all-day thing for me, Portland's a 4 hour drive for me. It would be nice if we could work it into a date when my band is in Portland, but we don't currently have any Portland dates. We were just there a couple weeks ago too. I'll try to see if we'll be up again soon, and see how that works for you guys. This'd be my first herf, but I'd love to meet up.
-eef

·
Registered
978 Posts
Ok, well -- looks like it is just three of us, and possibly eef.

How about, we give some time so the mushroom get can his throat back, and eef can set up a gig in PDX. I'd say by the 23rd of Feb ought to be enough time.

Then we can set-up a gathering early in March. Keep us posted on your progress you two.

As for where to hold this; it will still be pretty cold out so i suggest a cigar friendly bar. Here are a few i know of and frequent:
> Moon and Sixpense in the Hollywood district (42ish and Sandy)
> Rose and Rain Drop in the inner Eastside business district (Grand and Stark area)
> Horse Brass on upper Belmont east (42ish and Belmont)
There are a couple downtown too i have been to but don't frequent that often -- parking sucks.

List some others you folks would recommend.

_____
rm

·
Registered
662 Posts
I think we just got a call on a portland gig, I'll let you know what I find out. My lead guitar player just bought his first humi yesterday and he will probably be joining the forums any time now so maybe we can count him in, if you guys don't mind 2 newbies. This will be my first herf you do realize.

If the gig thing doesn't work out, I have friends in P-land that I owe a visit, so maybe I'll make a trip anyway and kill a few birds with one road trip.
-eef

·
Registered
978 Posts
eef said:
I think we just got a call on a portland gig, I'll let you know what I find out. My lead guitar player just bought his first humi yesterday and he will probably be joining the forums any time now so maybe we can count him in, if you guys don't mind 2 newbies. This will be my first herf you do realize.

If the gig thing doesn't work out, I have friends in P-land that I owe a visit, so maybe I'll make a trip anyway and kill a few birds with one road trip.
-eef
Sure, the more the better.

Don't sweat it, we're just going to get together for a few hours, drink a bit and smoke a lot. Talk some, trade some cigars, perhaps smoke a cigar we've never tried. Really, no big deal.

Keep us posted on the date you think you may be able to get up here.

_____
rm

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
as it stands the 2nd week of March works best for me...the 1st and 3rd I'm on grave's...but let me know when and I'll do my best to be there :D with any luck I'll bring my boss along :w he's always up for a drink & a smoke :al

·
Registered
978 Posts
Ok eef, what do you have on your PDX gig?
We'd love to accommodate your schedule as best as we can. This is sort of Bubba's herf, as he pulled us together -- and he has some conflicts in March. So, if you have any control over the days you can get your group booked up here, make it during the second week in March.

Let's here from you.

FP: hows that cold coming along? :)

_____
rm

·
Registered
662 Posts
I mentioned in a nother thread that my band may be doing a show in Portland on the 17th- a thursday night. If we do that I will probably stick around friday also and head back in on Saturday.

By the way I may have said March 17th in the box split thread- I was wrong, it's Feb 17th- like in a week.

That's not a definite yet, but I thought I'd throw it out there in case it's a good date for everyone else (friday the 18th).

If not, I think we have a Seattle show in March on the 19th, maybe I coud stop in en route. I'm also considering just taking a trip to Portland to visit friends and stuff anyway- if it looks like it will work best to do it second week of March, let me know and I'll try to make it.

If we meet up, you guys gotta show me the good smoke shops, I haven't been to any there yet.
-eef

·
Registered
978 Posts
Ok eef, thanks for the update. Let's schedule this around BigBubba's work schedule. BB? what's a good day for you then? and where? I listed a few i know of. Perhaps we could do a pub crawl instead and stop by Rich's and Cascade downtown to familarize eef with those spots.

What do you all say, eh?

_____
rm

·
Registered
482 Posts
The 18th is good for me. I'm also up for any of those places you spoke of on the East side. Ringlers (McMinamin's) on Burnside is also a good place to shoot pool and smoke.

Once we figure out if this is going to happen please PM me. I'm looking forward to it.

·
Registered
978 Posts
eef said:
Ok I'll be in Portland next Thursday and Friday night it looks like. Just in case. We don't HAVE to do it then, just lettin' y'all know. Our show is Thursday night, so unless you want to do a late night herf I'd say friday (if we do it that weekend).
-eef
Too bad eef -- i'll be out of town over this weekend.

Here is a couple of places downtown to check out.

Rich's Cigar
http://www.google.com/local?q=rich'...atlng=45523611,-122675000,3730259641087475101

Cascade Cigar
http://www.google.com/local?q=casca...atlng=45523611,-122675000,2698516823662876793

Both have decent humidors. Cascade even has a small bar in the back. It's not much but you wouldn't have to treck around to smoke either.

_____
rm

1 - 20 of 88 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.