Cigar Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering what people think is the best portable cigar case/humidor that can hold , say, a dozen cigars? I'd like to keep things relatively cheap, but not so cheap as to be unreliable.

thanks

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
I found an Otter box on CBid...like $30 with a fiver of Padrons thrown in. Mine holds 5 or 6, some others hold 15, I think. At least the ones in CI's catalog do. Seems to work OK.

I also have a lunch size cooler I use once in a while. It's a freebie, keeps the hum up once it's set.

All I can help you with.

Scott"sameole'story"M

·
Registered
806 Posts
For short trips I have a little 5 count Cigar Caddy by Otter. Works great. But for those long trip when I feel that 5 cigars just won't be enough I prefer my Suitcase-a-Dor 150. It ROCK"S!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Now that looks absolutely perfect for a guy in my profession.:D

MocoBird said:
For short trips I have a little 5 count Cigar Caddy by Otter. Works great. But for those long trip when I feel that 5 cigars just won't be enough I prefer my Suitcase-a-Dor 150. It ROCK"S!!!!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I've got both my travel humis from Atlantic.
(http://www.atlanticcigar.com/travelhumidors1.html)

Bought one cedar-lined leather holding app. 20 with leather/velcro straps to keep the cigars in place (so far untested) for 25$ and their foamlined large plastic humidor holding app 8-10 (20$)

The plastic one has worked out just fine for me with just one minor flaw.

The seal is extreme and it has no pressure release valve!
I took it with me when flying over to the UK and had planned for a nice smoke as soon as I got to the hotel... Talk about a disappointment!

I could not get the damned thing open! I tried for a good 30 minutes but I lost the battle. The next day the pressure seemed to have evened out a bit so I was able to force it open. I'm looking into adding a valve myself to save myself from such annoyances..

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was thinking leopard print, but if you'd rather see me in pink, Nely.....Hey, it's your dollar bill....

I can't believe I just wrote that

Nely said:
You should get one in hot pink! :D

·
Skeeter's Confidant
7,197 Posts
magno said:
I was thinking leopard print, but if you'd rather see me in pink, Nely.....Hey, it's your dollar bill....

I can't believe I just wrote that
Hey you wearing that to the Herf bro??? Guess we'll have to bring dollar bills too..

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Not sure, Floydp. Is Uncle Mikey's place in a rough neighbourhood?

I suppose I could just bring a can of pepper spray.

FYI I like my bills crisp.

floydp said:
Hey you wearing that to the Herf bro??? Guess we'll have to bring dollar bills too..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.