Cigar Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
-
11,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
both coppertop and I had one from his brand spankin' new cabinet from '04 tonight.
we went into the old "downtown" area of Temple Texas to some place called "duckhead tavern" or something along those lines. really cool place, plenty o' eye candy, even had a humidor... food wasn't the best to choose from, so we went next door to the overpriced italian spot... had very good micro brews though.

the cigar was great... i REALLY wish i was in the mood to write a full review while i was smoking it, but i wasn't...
:fu

i can say that i smoked that puppy down to the nub, i had nothing else to hold onto and my nose was almost burned on my last few puffs. had some crazy sweet/nutty flavors mixed in with some excellent coffee grounds on the finish. there were a few other flavors mixed in there as well...

i chose a double amaretto on the rocks, and after taking a couple sips then drawing on the cigar, it was easy to see that it didn't pair up well with this cigar, it simply overpowered it. so, i held off on the drink, except a few sips, until i was done.

excellent cigar, a steal at the price he got them at, and now you can barely find them anywhere reasonably priced... i'm sure in a year they will be worth running over your dog for.
:z

now back on your heads!

·
-
11,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Por Larranaga PC (04)

they're hot cuz they're supposedly discontinued, or will be... (that's why when a vendor had the latest batches, they were sold out in a matter of days - and nearly impossible to find at a reasonable price) and from what i've been told, they're hard to beat with some age on them.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts

IHT said:
they're hot cuz they're supposedly discontinued, or will be... (that's why when a vendor had the latest batches, they were sold out in a matter of days - and nearly impossible to find at a reasonable price) and from what i've been told, they're hard to beat with some age on them.
Didn't they just introduce the PLPC in cabs of 50 this year? I have yet to try these (or any PL's), but with reviews like yours, it's gonna be hard to resist much longer!

GoatLocker

·
-
11,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

no, they've been around for a long while. word was that they were to be discontinued... then all of the sudden, they announce new shipment of 04s.

i thought for sure they were discontinued, that's why i'd find them for $400 for a cab... insane.

coppertops had a few aged ones, says they're "awesome, amazing. probably one of my favorite pcs" (he's standing next to me as i type this... his breath stinks... needs to brush more often... stop hitting me..... you're fired).

·
-
11,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

a few reviews from some other people:

"One of the best Mareva's I have had. A box from 2000 went in a hurry. Perfectly made and smoked like a charm. Unique caramel overtone on the flavor. Too bad they're no longer to be produced!"

"Some think the Monte #4 is the best in its size but they probably never tried this hard to find petit corona . Truly an amazing smoke in this format . Not a light smoke by any account this mareva has more flavors and complexity present then many smokes much larger and prestigious .It is a crime that these are being discontinued .Search out any available sizes from this marquee though because they all share a similar flavor profile."

"This rare handmade cigar offers a medium boddied, almost caramel sweet taste. It burns evenly and draws perfectly. And the price is a real bargain. Unfortunately Por Larranaga is rumored to disappear from the market, production to be stopped which would be a loss. So if you come by a box of these petit coronas, you should buy them all!"

here's a recent discussion on them from another board (sorry paul)
PL pc

one with a list of all discontinued cigars note that it only stated the dress box of these are discontinued.. i did not know that as well.

·
Registered
672 Posts

Sounds intresting...

First i thought that the PL was somekind of low-budget cigarbrand that made cigars that were cheap, like for instance Jose L Piedra and Quintero...

Then I read/heard about some famous people who had this cigar(brand) as their favourites... Then I got confused...

Now I hear that this cigar is a good one... (still a bit confused...)

But then again Flor del Cano is considered to make low-budget cigars... and still there are that cigar: Flor del Cano Short Churchill, which are considered as a really great cigar from what I ve understand...

Just some thoughts... The PL brand seem BTW tempting after I read this review and others like it... Thanks for the review...

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts

Darn!! :c
Now you've got me droolin' for a cab!! :p

Had one gifted to me by robmcd (Thanks Dave!!) at the SoCal herf. Enjoyed it about a coupla' mos. later hanging out getting my car detailed. A very nice med. bodied smoke w/ a lot of nuance.
Thanks for the review. :)

·
Registered
177 Posts

The PLPC's from a few years back were great sticks! I still have a handfull left. I am waiting on a cab of "newbie" PLPC's to compare. Please stay tuned....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.