Cigar Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
819 Posts
If you consider Samuel Gawith products to be "on the market", they produce several plugs. These, however, suffer the same problems as all other Gawith blends these days...they are sold out everywhere you look.

I also recall seeing a plug that I had not heard of in the "Pictures of Tobacco" thread.

· Heavy Puffer
7,169 Posts
Cannon Plug
Cob Plug
Dark Plug
Grousemoor Plug
Kendal Plug
Mick McQuaid's Plug
3P's
Uhle's Perfection Plug
Warrior Plug
Wessex Gold Brick Virginia Plug
Yachtsman Plug

· Registered
819 Posts
Hearth&Home offers a handful of blends that come in the form of a bar, sort of like a candy bar. Not exactly a plug, but a different type of presentation than most blends. You might be interested in one or more of those. If memory serves me, this includes Anniversary Kake, Classic Burley Kake, Marble Kake, & Ten to Midnight.

I have never tried to slice a flake from one of these; I usually just crumble some off the end of the bar. But now I am curious how well slicing flakes off of them would work...

Anyone ever try this?

· Dastardly Scoundrel
1,267 Posts
Hearth&Home offers a handful of blends that come in the form of a bar, sort of like a candy bar. Not exactly a plug, but a different type of presentation than most blends. You might be interested in one or more of those. If memory serves me, this includes Anniversary Kake, Classic Burley Kake, Marble Kake, & Ten to Midnight.

I have never tried to slice a flake from one of these; I usually just crumble some off the end of the bar. But now I am curious how well slicing flakes off of them would work...

Anyone ever try this?
After reading your post, I just tried slicing-up some H&H Anni Kake and Ten to Midnight, which I have in abundance. The Anni Kake cut into thick slices but didn't hold together for long, while the Ten to Midnight just broke into crumbs. I don't think that they were formed under very high pressure, nor aged for very long as one homogenous block so they will only be krumble cakes v. a real tobacco plug.

· Registered
819 Posts
After reading your post, I just tried slicing-up some H&H Anni Kake and Ten to Midnight, which I have in abundance. The Anni Kake cut into thick slices but didn't hold together for long, while the Ten to Midnight just broke into crumbs. I don't think that they were formed under very high pressure, nor aged for very long as one homogenous block so they will only be krumble cakes v. a real tobacco plug.
Interesting results. They must make the cake with already shredded/chopped leaf and just press them enough to hold em together. I was hoping we might be able to create an AnniFlake but, alas, perhaps not. Maybe its time to send Russ an email and inquire about the possibility...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.