Cigar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a box of SP Beli's that is difficult to draw. They taste great, but i get a headache from pulling sooo hard. Any tips on unpluggin? my humi is a rock solid 65%rh with temps from 64-69degrees.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
239 Posts
you could try letting them dry out a little outside of the cabinet. you could also try putting them in a new box that has been kept outside of the cabinet that would take some of the moisture from the cigars. a last attempt could be to use a draw poker or something like an ice pick to force a hole through the cigar. oh, 2 other methods... try to massage the tight area gently if you find it or try cutting more of the head off if it is a pyramid or beli.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,432 Posts
If they were rolled too tight (like many 98-00 smokes were) with too much tobacco to begin with or if the tobacco inside is twisted, theres not much that can be done about it other then trying to poke the hell outta em, or the alternative. (you dont wanna hear the alternative)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
283 Posts
poker said:
If they were rolled too tight (like many 98-00 smokes were) with too much tobacco to begin with or if the tobacco inside is twisted, theres not much that can be done about it other then trying to poke the hell outta em, or the alternative. (you dont wanna hear the alternative)
besides that...

if they are young they will shrink with age...
i have cut a little more off of belis and it does open up...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i will try to let them dry out a lil, that sounds like an idea. also i read somewhere about actually drilling the end with a bit to remove material vs moving it with a pick. if all else fail, i will just , well you will see.



-DC
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,305 Posts
I would first put the cigars in a box outside of a humidor. I would not put them out in the open where the humidity is very low. I find that the wrappers tend to dry out too fast, and they tend to split while smoking. If this doesn't work, then I would run a small drill bit up and and down both ends of the cigar. If you still can't draw on them, give them to your boss. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,305 Posts
On second thought, at the humidity and temp you keep them under, there is no possible chance of them loosening up at all. You can go ahead and send them to me. I'll send you my address.:w
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
291 Posts
If your Humi is "rock solid" at 65/65's, the dry boxing may not help much.
"Draw Poker's" do help, I have used them mostly for nearly all my Cohiba Robusto's '98. Like others have said, many plugged ISOM's during 98-00. If you use the Draw Poker, try to leave the rod in the cigar for a while to help open it up and avoid poking too many holes in the cigar. If you need a sit for the Draw Poker, let me know.
I've tried drill bits before, but always seem to tear too much of my cigars...
Good luck.
:w
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
283 Posts
DaveC said:
VEL JUN02
I had a box of choix supremes tight as a frozen milkshake. even gave up all hope when they finally opened up at two years...

you could weigh them (to the fraction of a gram) and smoke the lightest ones now, put the rest away for a nice surprise next year...
 

·
F.O.G. with nice smokes
Joined
·
1,605 Posts
DaveC said:
i have a box of SP Beli's that is difficult to draw. They taste great, but i get a headache from pulling sooo hard. Any tips on unpluggin? my humi is a rock solid 65%rh with temps from 64-69degrees.
Dave, the fix is simple. You send them to me, I give you your choice of wrappers, and I turn your cigars into robustos. My cost is two cigars per box to fix 'em.

ASK ANYONE who was at the LOLH III who tried one of the "fixed" cigars. About 50 (or more) of them were handed out. They all had good draws.

Just MY $.02

OPT
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
291 Posts
Re: Re: plugged smoke help

OnePyroTec said:
Dave, the fix is simple. You send them to me, I give you your choice of wrappers, and I turn your cigars into robustos. My cost is two cigars per box to fix 'em.

ASK ANYONE who was at the LOLH III who tried one of the "fixed" cigars. About 50 (or more) of them were handed out. They all had good draws.

Just MY $.02

OPT
Interesting...I didn't think that was possible...just curious, what kind of wrappers do you have?
:w
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
718 Posts
Phil said:
You can re-roll them?
Yes he can. I've enjoyed the privelege of smoking one of OPT's very own hand made cigars. He does a damn fine job. Must have some Cuban blood in him somewhere.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
*MOOCH ATTEMPT*


Can I offer a trade for one of you fine hand rolled cigars??


I would love to try one bro.



On another note OPT,

Is your name BOB??
 
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Top