Cigar Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
X Canadian
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any recommendations for games? I like the "Medal of Honor" series and Tom Clancy's "Ghost Recon". I just bought "The Getaway" good concept, good graphics nearly impossible to play. The designers did not allow the player to aim and walk at the same time. I took it back for a refund.

·
Registered
235 Posts
This is an oldie so you may have already played it, but have you tried Metal Gear 2: Sons of Liberty? Great gameplay (sometimes the best offense is not getting in a fight), nice graphics, but the storyline gets totally whacked out at the end. I'm sure you could find it used somewhere for $15-20. You can go from pretty easy to so hard that an enemy spotting you automatically means game over.

·
Registered
949 Posts
The new Vietnam Game. If forget what it is called. Played it at my buddies house. It is advertised all over the Television right now.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
A really good game you can get dirt cheap now is Red Faction. It is a first person RPG shooter which is quite entertaining. The real value, though, comes in the multiplayer mode. Play with a buddy or against all CPU enemies and let the ammunition fly. Had this game for 3 years I think and i still play it.

·
Registered
756 Posts
how about the newest grand theft auto that just came out, GTA san andreas. supposed to be excellent. i'll be getting it hopefully in the next day or two.
jimmy

·
Registered
235 Posts
I don't know if anyone is into the old action games but I have a recommendation. If you have not played Castlevania: Lament of Innosence yet, go get it. I just bought it used for $17 and it is totally [email protected]$$ for that price. It's not the old side-scrolling kind, it's more 3d, but it is great! The graphics are outstanding, the music is well done, and the gameplay is great too. Tons of combos for your whip as well as the old knife, axe, cross sub weapons getting updated with orbs that you use that make the weapons have different attacks based on the orb equipped. I've played it for about 3 hours now and I have not been disappointed yet.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Seems that you're more in to the military/swat/sniper etc. type of games...but..
I played Manhunt at my friends house last weekend. Let me tell you, this game is VIOLENT, BLOODY, and GRAPHIC, so not for those who would be offended. I was intrigued. I stopped by the local mall, headed to the used section of the Electronics Boutique. $17.99 later, I was sitting at home, at night, lights out, alone with a big screen TV and the game. This game gets your heart PUMPING! Sneaking around and hiding in the shadows, trying your best to trick enemies in to your traps and make your move before they see you...
All the slasher-movie imagery, the music, and those damn spooky heart thumps during tense moments make this game a hell of an experience. Rockstar knows how to make a thrilling video game.
This however, is NOT a game to let the 8 year old play!

·
Registered
394 Posts
I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions as to games where it's more of a command type war game. A Real-time-strategy type game...not a first person shooter.

I bought Command and Conquer for the PC, but my damn computer lacks the graphics card to really enjoy it. Are there any such games for the PS2 that anyone would suggest?

·
Registered
235 Posts
CigarHoss, I don't know about RTS games, but what about strategy in general? Two games immediately come to mind. Disgaea and La Pucelle Tactics. They are games in which you have a team of different troops (fantasy type, warrior, ninja, mage, flying, etc.) and you basically take turns moving them against your opponents. It's more like chess in that one person moves at a time, but depending on your troops speed you may have more than one "turn" in a row. Armored knights take more damage but move slower. Flying people can cover ground quickly but aren't as strong. What's cool is your people can actually gang up on opponents and do more damage with a combined attack than individual attacks. I guess in La Pucelle you can even banish enemies or convince them to fight with you.

I have played Disgaea and it is tons o' fun. I don't know if you ever had a Sega Genesis, but there was a series of games called Shining Force. These games are like that. There is also a Shining Force game for the PS2 coming out in Japan soon, so I hope it sees US shores soon.

·
Registered
394 Posts
dadof3illinois said:
Cigar Hoss,

I've bought most of the C&C games for PC and love each one but I think they made a version for PS1 you could try.
I'm sure I would love them too...but my computer is t-o-o d-a-r-n-e-d s-l-o-w. :( Actually, it's the graphics card, and since I've loaded it on my laptop--which has it integrated in the motherboard, there's no way to upgrade (unless someone knows of a way).

I'll look around for the version on PS1. Thanks for the [email protected]

Hoss

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.