Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who here is from pittsburgh?

What is your favorite cigar shop?

I am obviously from da burgh. The only cigar shop I have tried is Poor Richard's and it seems to me that they do a ogod enough job that I may never stop going there for the goods.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
mrboarderman said:

I am obviously from da burgh. The only cigar shop I have tried is Poor Richard's and it seems to me that they do a ogod enough job that I may never stop going there for the goods.
Never been to Pittsburgh, but I wish we had a shop like that in Fort Collins. The only shop we really have, the owner is so cranky that I simply won't go there! :mad:

If I ever get up your way, I will make a not of trying Poor Richards!!!! :)

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
mrboarderman said:

Check with robmcd.

·
HOT for HILLARY!!
3,591 Posts
Im down in Pittsburgh for most of the year (I go to Pitt). Lately, Ive been buying a lot of stuff online, but when I go to a store, I like going to Allegheny Smokeworks in Blawnox. I do go to Poor Richards every now and then, because he usually has a good selection of some hard to find stuff (over on the left wall of the humidor...well, you know what I mean). Ive been there three years, and still have yet to make it to Journigans (sp?) or Bloom, but I will this year.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey AAlmeter.... I am a little east of Youngstown Ohio. Not far from you. Ever get over to Rober Morris ? My son is going to be playing against them this year (football). He is a tight end for the University of Dayton.

If your ever over this way look us up. The Akron Cigar Club. Web site will be up shortly. www.akroncigarclub.com Still under construction.

Herfs last tuesdays of the month. :cool:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
AAlmeter said:
Im down in Pittsburgh for most of the year (I go to Pitt). Lately, Ive been buying a lot of stuff online, but when I go to a store, I like going to Allegheny Smokeworks in Blawnox. I do go to Poor Richards every now and then, because he usually has a good selection of some hard to find stuff (over on the left wall of the humidor...well, you know what I mean). Ive been there three years, and still have yet to make it to Journigans (sp?) or Bloom, but I will this year.
Yep, They have a great selection and that is why I haven't gone anywhere else. However, I do have a friend that buys a lot from Bloom's. According to him, Bloom's sells to most of the area's stores including Poor Richard's. That is one shop on my list to visit. Never heard of Journigans. Where is it located?

·
Registered
949 Posts
Mrboardman

I am in Pittsburgh also. Alan turned me on to Allegheny Smokeworks too. I go there all the time now. It is blawnox. I live in South Side so I frequent Blooms a lot. They are a supplier of most of the local shops. Mark is a good guy and very knowledgable. I have been to Jerrnigans several times and they have a decent shop just not the selection of cigars that I like. They are in the Galleria mall. I have never been to Poor Richards. Where are they located. I also go the Old Allegheny Shop on Rt 51 right across the street from Benson Lincoln Mercury dealer. They have the best price on Opus X when available. Good the hear from you. Maybe we should get a herf going in the Burgh.

·
Registered
949 Posts
There is nothing better than watching a the Browns get beaten to a pulp by the greatest football team in history.

Except when smoking cigars and watching the game with friends from Ohio to rub it into.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
AAlmeter, You'd better be cheering for da BILLS - they're the greatest team ever!!!! ;)

·
Registered
949 Posts
Whoa!!!! No way!!!!!!

Don't you all remember 1995 when the Great Pittsburgh Steelers when into Buffalo and Beat the Bills 34 to 0. Hello Buffalo Great, Yeah Right!!!!!

Go Steeler!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did try Flutie Flakes when I was passing through Buffalo on my way to Niagra Falls And I liked them. I still have the box.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Hey, we're a record winning team!!!! :fu

·
Registered
949 Posts
Most superbowls lost. Not avery good Record......Hahahahahaha

By the way is Denver up there with you,,,, oh wait they won one.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Still a record! ;) Hey, I used to secretly cheer for steelers in the 70's! Is PPG still standing? I heard they took down three rivers stadium, true?

Isn't there a train depot that has a tobac shop in it?

·
Registered
949 Posts
Three Rivers is down unfortunatly,, Chuck Knoll is gone unfortueatly.....

Poor RIchards is in station square wich in the 20-50's was a train station but alass in no longer.... It is a pseudo yuppie shopping mall.

See Church there is hope for you yet...... Just keep saying in your head the steelers can't have loosing seasons forever...... and One day walla instant steeler fan.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well.... I cant brag about how many superbowls our Browns have been in. A big fat Zero.. But it still makes for a great game.

Any of you guys wanna go watch my kid play against Rober Morris let me know. If he catches a pass I'll give you each a cigar.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
kamikaiguy said:
Poor RIchards is in station square wich in the 20-50's was a train station but alass in no longer.... It is a pseudo yuppie shopping mall.
Yeah, That is where it is. Some crazy stores in that mall. THere is one clothing store that has the most ridiculous clothes ever.

Can't lie when i say this: Poor Richard's is very kind to minors...cough...cough....

Unfortunatly that probably hurts my reputation around here....

·
Registered
949 Posts
MrBoardman;

Kids don't hurt your rep. I went to Poor Richards last night to check it out. I was not super impressed. It has the biggest humidor. They have a great selection. Prices are all pretty much the same everywhere 5-10 cents difference. But I like Allegheny Smokeworks the best in Blawnox. I did get 2 Perdomo Estate Selection pyramides there at a great price so..... It is a beautiful shop and friendly people, but it is just another premium cigar shop. Maybe it was that I had to pay $3.00 to park in the garage and Blawnox is free parking. Maybe in needed to have more time to look around, because I had my 2 Girlfriend and her 2 boys with me last night and I fealt pressure to hurry. not sure.

Adam I looked on the left side of the humidor and I didn't really see their intersting hard to find stuff? Is it in the cabinet that says that it can only by opened by the employees. And am I thinking the the interesting hard to find stuff is the same as your idea of interesting hard to find stuff?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I think you miss read that. See I do not have kids, I am the kid....

O well, I truely believe that smoking a cigar every once in a while is no worse then sitting down with a pint of ben and jerry's and completely eating it all. And damn, It is a lot better than most of the other people my age who sit down with bong in hand.....

You are right though, it is pretty much the same as anyother place. Except the atmosphere is great, and the employees are very nice.

It can be soothing to go up the incline after making your purchases and smoke one of them. The view is awesome, and is pretty quiet. A very chill smoke.

·
HOT for HILLARY!!
3,591 Posts
OK, time to answer some questions....

Pre-Stillers/Browns game herf...sounds awesome

Church: There is only one Pittsburgh team for me, the Panthers. As far as NFL goes, its Bills all the way. I take a lot of crap down there, but atleast a couple guys on my team (Pitt lacrosse) are from upstate NY, so I have some support.

Sedater: Dont get over to Robert Morris much (though its not too far). I actually was very close to playing football out in Ohio (Case Western in Cleveland), but they didnt offer me much as far as scholarships (academic, theyre only D3) and I think tuition is 35k....so that was the end of that. I was a tight end too, mainly d-end though. Good luck to your son this year. Ill definitely check out the Akron club. There is one in Pittsburgh, but from the looks of their site, its been dead for a while (last time I checked atleast).

Mrboarded...I believe there is a journigans in the mall down south of the city on 19. I cant remember the name of it. I also think there is one in monroeville.

Kamika: If I remember correctly, when you walk in the humidor, go to the back left corner. They have a lot of hard to find botique brands there. They had La Luna and Bucanero before they became popular...on here atleast. I havent been there in about a year though, so things might have changed.

As I said, Im usually at Allegheny. They have always treated me with respect, even though Im young. They never assumed I was just there to get my Dutchmasters and Phillies. Come to think of it, I dont think they even sell those...all the better. Now El Fumador in Sewickley, they are a different story. I went there my first year at Pitt and when they asked if they could help me, they felt the need to tell me that they dont carry the cigars I was looking for because they werent good and no one liked them. I was looking for some CAO Maduros (in the pre-Perdomo days)...but apparantly they didnt fit in to their humidor filled with Ashtons and Macanudos.

Plus, the best thing about Allegheny....$5.80 for Anejos...well, until I bought them all. :fu

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.