Cigar Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
DymOnamic
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I watched The Pirates of the Carribean: Curse of the Black Pearl for the first time on DVD last night. Johnny Depp as Jack Sparrow, that's "Captain" Jack Sparrow! Amazing! He has put the Pirate Genre on it's ear. His swagger and pirate logic is unlike anything I've seen, completely original. Now I know why he's up for the Oscar. I had a smile every time he was on the screen. He carried the movie, which could of been brilliant, Oscar material itself, with another lead actress and about 25 minutes shaved off of it. Sill not a bad flick, beautiful scenery. Just my .02 cents

·
Registered
283 Posts
If'n you ask me, it was the best entertainment of the year. I paid for it five or six times, gladly.

·
-
11,412 Posts
i'm starting to become a j. depp fan. my 3 yr old son LOVES "sleepy hollow", the one about the headless horseman. another great movie, btw.

this was a cool movie, i think i've bought it already, but don't remember...

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
My Mom went and saw this with one of her friends. When she got home I asked her how it was (yes I was living at home at that time:c ) and she said it was GREAT. So I waited very patiently for it to come out on DVD, bought it watched and loved it.

:pu

·
DymOnamic
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Mrs. informs me that in an magazine interview with Mr. Depp, he said he had based the Captain Jack Sparrow character on a mix between Keith Richards' and Pepe Le Pew. Wild, funny and accurate.

·
Registered
831 Posts
I LOVE this movie. got it for Xmas this year because I saw it in the theater and loved it so much. I have watched it several times as I love the effects, the humor and the acting is spectacular in my opinion. Best movie I saw last year and Sea Biscuit was number 2 but then I am a little bias for horse movies! ;-)

I can't wait until Hildago(sp?) comes out this week! woohoo!!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
relaxnsmoke said:
The Mrs. informs me that in an magazine interview with Mr. Depp, he said he had based the Captain Jack Sparrow character on a mix between Keith Richards' and Pepe Le Pew. Wild, funny and accurate.
Definitely has influences by Bogart too, but that goes for most of his work. He's an amazing actor, IMO. And Pirates was one of the best movies I saw in the past year.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Johnny Depp did an interview with Playboy back in 1996, and another one just this month (May 2004).

The difference in personality presented is amazing. In 1996, he was still a renegade auteur. Today he's 40, married, and has a little girl.

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
I liked it too. Depp brings a funny, quirky, kind of black humor to a lot of his roles. I could see him bringing a fresh twist to a lot of worn out plots....like Dracula maybe? Those eyes of his would make him the perfect hypnotic vampire. He would have made a great Lestat.

·
Registered
46 Posts
kansashat said:
I liked it too. Depp brings a funny, quirky, kind of black humor to a lot of his roles. I could see him bringing a fresh twist to a lot of worn out plots....like Dracula maybe? Those eyes of his would make him the perfect hypnotic vampire. He would have made a great Lestat.
He's going to be Willy Wonka in 2005. That's going to be a good one I think, plus the score will be done by Danny Elfman. Good stuff. Not a musical this time though. I'm looking forward to it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.