Cigar Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Banned
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I spend most of my time on the pipe side of the forum, but I figured I'd stick my head in the cigar side to see what all the fuss is about. And I have a question.

I've seen some bombs go out with JR alts in them, and I have never heard of such a stick. I went to the website and was overloaded with the number of products and poor web design.

So, I figured I'd ask you all about them. What's your opinion on these smokes? Any recommendations as to which ones?

I haven't had a cigar in ages, so I don't exactly have "favorites".

Thanks everyone.

· Zen Master ZingTwang
1,450 Posts
I like the Edicion Limitada Alts. The others are hit or miss, in my experience.
The EL's are very good for the $$ and are medium/full. The Hoyo Epicure is the size I smoke.
Good luck.

· Troop Support Team
2,365 Posts
Get a bundle of gran habano vintage 2002 or even bahia's-I've only tried the maduro but it knocked the socks off any JR alt I've ever bought. I've probably tried at least 6 or 7 different ones. What a waste of money. Plus, you might be able to get free shipping form CI or cigar.com (not sure though)

· Banned
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Get a bundle of gran habano vintage 2002 or even bahia's-I've only tried the maduro but it knocked the socks off any JR alt I've ever bought. I've probably tried at least 6 or 7 different ones. What a waste of money. Plus, you might be able to get free shipping form CI or cigar.com (not sure though)
I've actually been looking at the vintage 2002's also. Glad to hear they're good sticks. I'll be sure to give them a try. :thumb:

· Pipe Smokin' Piranha
7,336 Posts
The JR Alts are hit and miss at best. They do get better with age. They are long filler and hand rolled. They are "Alts" to brands that are similar in strength...ie: mild, med, and full. Best advice is to base your search on that and find a size and wrapper (Nat or Maduro) you like and go for it. Give 'em a year or more of rest and then try one. You might find some you like. I have a few that are over 12 years old now and they are great smokes.... Alts to CAO Maduros (Anni's) I believe they are.

· Registered
2,330 Posts
Everything was pretty much summed up: consistency you will NOT get with those sticks.

I would agree that the $30-$40 would be better spent elsewhere if $$ is an issue.

GH 2002 is a damned fine "alternative"...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.