Cigar Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
131 Posts
I have a bent Dr. Grabow. I have to let it cool after smoking, remove the bit and get the pipe cleaner down in there that way. I just cannot, for the life of me, pull it off by just pushing the cleaner through the business end of the bit like on a straight pipe. I'm sure someone more helpful will chime in :help:

Scott

· Deviant Gentleman
551 Posts
Like Scott, I have a couple pipes with a very tight bend, so the pipe cleaner won't insert fully from the mouthpiece. I also clean from the other end (tenon end).

Twisting is a major help too.

Also sometimes I will pre-bend my cleaners to resemble the stem's curvature more before inserting. This helps some too.

I have noticed many pipe cleaners often have a slight curl or bur at one end, and this can make them very difficult to push through. I will, of course, use the other end.

If a cleaner is dropping fluff in your pipe, I would think to stop using those cleaners (duh) and get some other (read better) cleaners and ram the fluff outta your pipe. :lol:

· Old Man
1,524 Posts
This is probably the obvious which you have tried, but when I have trouble getting a pipe cleaner through a bent stem I bend the end of the pipe cleaner which is sticking out of the stem to make a little crank and crank the pipe cleaner. This usually will get it through. Another thing that will help is use a bristle cleaner. They will go through more easily and will solve the fluff problem.

· Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the advice, everyone. The cranking in particular to work the cleaner down was very helpful, Nachman. :wave:

As for the missing fluff, it was my own fault. I scrubbed too hard. I'll run a bristle through later though just to make sure everything's clear.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.