Cigar Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Embarrassed to say....had one of these this past week at a local shop...Signature Cigars in Rockville... got me a wee bit woosy and a lil sickly... oy...

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
Yeah! Signature Cigars in Rockville is known for selling the Pinar line. Smoked a couple ot rhe original Pinars when they first came out (a few years ago). Yup, exact same experience & I didn't enjoy them at all.

·
Registered
585 Posts
i once tasted a pinar 3000XXX, and it sucked 3000%

granted it was free, and i had to listen to the salesman's tale of it's origins and cuban pre-embargoness.

i will stick to post embargo!!!

·
Registered
212 Posts
i believe jr.s in manhatan had these in there humi, and they were fairly cheap.
the guys that bought and smoked them said they were pretty bad. :pu .50 years is a bit too old for a cigar i think a bit past there prime if there ever wwas a prime for these.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Tim, I think you are referring to the pre-embargo Flor de farachs at JR.
Smoked one and tasted moldy :pu

As for the Pinars, It's hard to believe that the tobacco is that old. Too strong to be 50+ y/o tobacco, not that I've smoked a lot of old tobacco.

·
Registered
212 Posts
:al i may be confused smoko, maybe it wasnt the pinar at jr.s but i did hear somewhere though that someone had these pinars fairly cheap,i do remember them being around. but heard they werent any good..guess i should get my facts straight...ive had some decent and still strong cigars from 80,81, etc..but never tried anything older then 25 years, i cant imagine how they could be any good it would seem they would have past there peak.

·
Registered
212 Posts
dave im not gonna :sb because your absolutely right...however while some think going deaf,blind,and loosing ones memory is a bad thing, it is actually a blessing god bestowed on us old folks..after 20 years of being married and raising two children into there late teens..it is great to not hear,see,or remember too well... :) just wait bro. youll be wishing you were deaf,blind and forgetfull soon enough..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts