Cigar Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If yall remember where that thread title came from, yall are old. Ripped it off from the routine that made Andy Griffith. Anyway just finished a Rocky Patel 1990; great, flavorful cigar, no major complaints, outside the shape, box pressed just seems unnatural, doesnt fit the mouth, looks good in the box, who cares! Cigars are meant to be round. In general they are prettier and smoke better. Anybody else feel this way? Frank B

·
Registered
283 Posts
I always thought oval-ish would be better, but that's why they never asked me to roll cigars. And no, I had nothing to do with the chisel.

·
Registered
585 Posts
some great cigars are box pressed like 1926 PAMs, 1964 PAMs, PSD3's

sometimes i like the feel of a box press, it's all about variety, also anejo sharks are some cool sticks!

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
one90proof said:
box press...can someone school me on this subject? Are these cigars that have more of a square shape than round?
The cigars are "pressed" while in the box (or rather, that's how it originated in Cuba -- they are usually pressed in a mold nowdays), which gives them a squarish shape, like this Padron:

It's a unique look and feel.

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
I find that square pressed cigars hold their ash very well, alhtough any engineers out there might tell you that round structures might be more structurally sound. [Oh, this is too much again!! LOL]

MoTheMan

·
Registered
68 Posts
I think a box press is just fine, but it is something that takes a little getting used to. As previously stated varity is the spice of life! I also don't think they smoke very differently they just feel different.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.