Cigar Forums banner
401 - 420 of 444 Posts

· Registered
319 Posts
Well just picked this up today. My first bike and have never ride before but have wanted to for years. Took it out for a short trip to a large parking lot to get a feel for it. It's not to bad but definitely take some getting used to. 2006 Honda CBR600RR, 12000 miles. Guy I work with sold it to me for a killer price and I couldn't pass it up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

· Registered
3,211 Posts
Well just picked this up today. My first bike and have never ride before but have wanted to for years. Took it out for a short trip to a large parking lot to get a feel for it. It's not to bad but definitely take some getting used to. 2006 Honda CBR600RR, 12000 miles. Guy I work with sold it to me for a killer price and I couldn't pass it up.

Very nice. MSF course is recommended as a good way to start. That bike is no joke.

random capitalization courtesy of gboard

· Registered
9,161 Posts

That is a lot of bike for your first. Please do take the MSF course ASAP, they will give you the motorcycle license when completed. I have ridden 52 years and training is very important, I would recommend a skills course every 1-2 years and a lot of practice in the parking lots. Also the ride like a pro videos are excellent and can be purchased on line.

I just sold my last bike and have decided to retire from motorcycling. It has brought me many years of enjoyment and can do the same for you. Always remember never ride above your skill level. Enjoy and congratulations!

· Registered
3,211 Posts
That is a lot of bike for your first. Please do take the MSF course ASAP, they will give you the motorcycle license when completed. I have ridden 52 years and training is very important, I would recommend a skills course every 1-2 years and a lot of practice in the parking lots. Also the ride like a pro videos are excellent and can be purchased on line.

I just sold my last bike and have decided to retire from motorcycling. It has brought me many years of enjoyment and can do the same for you. Always remember never ride above your skill level. Enjoy and congratulations!
This is a great one -

· Super Moderator
5,440 Posts

Ride like a pro is awesome. Motorman has skills. I've been riding since 12 years old (now 43) and when Florida's law required an endorsement I took the MSF and even the basic course taught me some things I probably took for granted. That was 10 years ago.
I still hit empty parking lots to practice slow speed maneuvers and emergency stopping. Riding is a huge part of my life, but the consequences of lapse of judgement, or someone else's are very definite.

· Registered
319 Posts
Thanks for the advice gentleman. I am already planning the safety courses and lots of parking lot time. had it out yesterday( one mile ride to parking lot) for about 3 hours just getting used to controls and such. There is deffinetly some getting used to here haha. The purchase came pretty quick. Tuesday my coworker said his wife was selling her bike cause it hurts to ride it, shes 48, and they both have newer Harleys they ride. For 2k with a helmet two new tires ( not mounted yet) and riding jacket I had to jump on it.

· Registered
319 Posts
Well yesterday u went and got my permit so now I'm actually road legal. This morning I decided to take it out for a ride. Left at 530 am and did about 30 miles. i went nice and early to avoid traffic, I will say having never rode before, a cbr600rr may not be the easiest to start riding on haha. the throttle is very snappy. Overall the ride went well. I did stall it twice on decent hills trying to start out, my feet work better with clutches haha but I guess they have a 15 year advantage of practice. so far I'm loving it. looking forward to much more practice. After I'm back from vacation I am signing up for the Pa motorcycle training course. Also picked up a helmet last night(was using a loaner from my friend I bought the bike from)

· Registered
319 Posts
and as usual anything with a motor and wheels I can't just leave be. The Orange and black tribal just wasn't my style. Figured while I had all the plastics off I re did all the wiring for lighting( some spliced in for the aftermarket lighting and didn't do a very good job). New front tire, cleaned and de greased under the plastics.

· Registered
82 Posts
Well, it's been a busy 2 months, with a kitchen remodel in the house,
and the recent sale of my only motorcycle, an '06 ZG1000 Concours. :frown2:

Of course, the plan was to replace my old ride, with something a bit... more 'spritely'.

After a few weeks of shopping I ended up with one of these...

A 2016 BMW S1000XR Premium... Holy $h!+! I'm gonna miss my license....

· Registered
82 Posts
If I ever need to replace my bike, it'll be a new Connie. aka poor man's bmw
Funny, that WAS my plan... A 2019 C14, but it was the same weight as the C10, and though it's
fast as all get up, I wanted something more 'flickable' in the turns. There are days I miss
my Connie, the most comfortable bike I ever owned. I don't miss the extra 169 lbs though. :wink2:

Reactions: Rondo

· Super Moderator
5,440 Posts
Went back to the white walls. IMHO they look great on this bike. Of course they were dirty blue walls when I picked it up. I can't complain. One of my friends owns the shop and the discount I get more than covers the time it takes me to clean them up. It's hard to believe that in two years I can put an antique tag on it.

· Registered
4,944 Posts
Went back to the white walls. IMHO they look great on this bike. Of course they were dirty blue walls when I picked it up. I can't complain. One of my friends owns the shop and the discount I get more than covers the time it takes me to clean them up. It's hard to believe that in two years I can put an antique tag on it.
that old lady looks good!! :smile2:

· Super Moderator
5,440 Posts
that old lady looks good!! :smile2:
Thank you. I got her when she was just 13k years young a few years back. Previous owner just didn't take to riding much I suppose. Now over 41k and I've bought her everything she could want and ride it like it was meant to be rode. Wife's named her Jezebel. As in "Are you going to spend another day with that Jezebel?". Don't let her fool you though, she loves to do day trips together while searching for some greasy hidden gems to do lunch at.

401 - 420 of 444 Posts