Cigar Forums banner

pickin a name

Tags
pickin
2K views 36 replies 24 participants last post by  Blackknight 
#1 ·
i need help with picking a name for my new cigar store. i don't
care for adjectives such the likes Pretige Cigars , or Cubano i don't want anything that's cliche. Something original!! plz help

#9 ·
What city do you live in Gerard?
That might give us an idea for a name.

MoTheMan

#10 ·
well i have two stores and each one is about 5 miles inland from the coast in southern california (Orange County) both stores will be under the same name. i carry all the major premium brand names, i thought of calling it Candela but not many people know what it stands for. here is a list of the names in mind
Havana Vintage
Gorilla Cigars
Winston's
Maduro
Grand Maduro
Aroma
Vintage Tobacco
Masters' Blend
Cigarz
O.C.C ( Orange County Cigars)
South Coast Cigars
Hampton Court
Ligero
but i can't make up my mind it's tough, i need a Retail name

#12 ·
Hey,

I like Winston's.

BTW, where in OC (what cities are you in)?

MoTheMan

#14 ·
How about Swallow's (for the famed swallows of San Juan Capistrano)?

Just an idea.

But will have to check out your shops next time in going through that area.

MoTheMan

#15 ·
A CIGAR SHOP

The kiss principle is very effective in advertising. Your customer knows exactly what you are selling. Don't "fancy" your customers away with confusion. The letter A or AA up front puts you first in the yellow pages. The name is easily remembered for others to recommend and for those people to also remember. You will get a lot of word of mouth advertising and a simple name is much easier to remember. Make it easy for people to give you their money!

JR Cigars...Holts Cigars....Famous Cigars....Atlantic Cigars....ABC Cigars

You know what these RETAILERS are selling.

#17 ·
Alright okie2,

Simple & effective. I like that

MoTheMan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.