Cigar Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm headed out to Philadelphia in about a month. I'm looking for a few good places to buy/have a smoke while I'm there. I'll be limited to public transport but it seems Philly has a good system. Any suggestions?

I figure Holt's will show up on the list but I don't know what else is out there.

TIA,
-E

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
Mowee said:
Tho I am from Philly, it has been a while since I shopped there....but yes Holts is downtown as is Black Cat ( I think)...fujipub usually has specials from them. Holts also has a nice cigar lounge/bar upstairs.
Those are my two favorite places in Philly. If you have a car, Holt's has their warehouse/offices outside the Philadelphia area and the shop there sometimes has cigars that the downtown store runs out of (i.e. 3 years I picked up a WHOLE BOX of Fuente Anejo 7X48 -- for real).

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Holts is your best bet. That where I always went when I was working in the area. You can smoke and buy drinks from the lady in the room at the back of the store. Also, you can go upstairs to Mahogany where there are couches, tables, a bar, and so so food.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your help! I'll be sure to stop at Holt's, Mahogany and the Black Cat.

If anyone else has tips for Philly, I'd be happy to hear them.

What are taxes like there?

Again, my thanks to those who've posted.
-Dan aka "Eichen"

·
Registered
921 Posts
Those mentioned are the places.
Point of interest.... in the back of the Black Cat are some antique humidors.... probably close to 100 years old. Not really for buying but viewing in a museum sort of way.
Have a great trip and don't miss out on the Cheese Steakes.

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
Eichen said:
Thanks for your help! I'll be sure to stop at Holt's, Mahogany and the Black Cat.

What are taxes like there?

-Dan aka "Eichen"
I think sales taxes are 7%. Don't really know about tobacco taxes, which may already be included in the price, but the overall prices are pretty competitive. I don't think you'll be gouged. Heck, I was just there Friday (4 days ago). No complaints from me.

P.S. When I was there they had quite a few assortments of VSG's, Opus X's, Padron Anni's N/M in '64 and N in '26 avaiable in up to 2 - 4 (or more, depending) sticks per customer.
If you're a regular customer at the shop, they will sell you BY THE BOX VSG's and Padron '64 (if they have enough available). Picked up a box of the VSG Tres Mystique on Friday.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.