Cigar Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep, they are after us on all fronts, and in all corners. Philadelphia -- the city of "brotherly love" and the home of the Liberty Bell

Mayor John F. Street said, "[he has had] dinners ruined by cigar smoking patrons"

"It's the wave of the future," Street said. Refering to the "banning of smoking in virtually all public spaces in the city"

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=13886713&BRD=2212&PAG=461&dept_id=465812&rfi=6

_____
rm

·
HOT for HILLARY!!
3,591 Posts
Dear Mayor Street,

I completely agree with you. It is a shame that your dinner was ruined by another's freedom. God, its hard to believe that a person would actually smoke when given the permission of the property owner. It is your duty, as a corrupt mayor, to eliminate the freedom of your citizens so that you will be able to fully enjoy all future dinners purchased at taxpayer expense whlle you avoid the FBI.

Also, I applaud your government issued internet. Thats a great idea. But I already have the internet. Instead, can I have an Audi? Poker and ChurchLady have them, and Im jealous. The stars were lined up against me and I cant afford one...and it hurts my self esteem, thus making me a less happy and less productive proletarian-er i mean citizen.

Could you also ban ChurchLady's brand of perfume? I dont like to smell perfume when Im hungover, and when her scent (though lovely as it may be) invades my personal comfort zone, I feel invaded and violated.

Thanks,

Adam

·
Registered
374 Posts
AAlmeter said:
Dear Mayor Street,

I completely agree with you. It is a shame that your dinner was ruined by another's freedom. God, its hard to believe that a person would actually smoke when given the permission of the property owner. It is your duty, as a corrupt mayor, to eliminate the freedom of your citizens so that you will be able to fully enjoy all future dinners purchased at taxpayer expense whlle you avoid the FBI.
My sentiments exactly.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Ah, Philly. The ONE place I didn't go last year during the Panthers Post Season (St. Louis and the Superbowl in Houston were a BLAST) I heard their fans threw whatever they could at the Charlotte Mayor's suite at the game.

·
Enjoying life...
4,742 Posts
I don't understand how the mayors of these cities are able to decree smoking bans? Don't the city councils have a say? Usually when there is a broad controversial issue like smoking bans, they have a referendum and let everyone vote. THat is how is should be. I don't understand why in a supposed democracy, all the people don't have a vote on it. One guy shouldn't decide whether or not a city of a million people can smoke.

Jeff

·
Registered
368 Posts
AAlmeter said:
Could you also ban ChurchLady's brand of perfume? I dont like to smell perfume when Im hungover, and when her scent (though lovely as it may be) invades my personal comfort zone, I feel invaded and violated.

Thanks,

Adam
Uhmm... that begs a TON of questions! :r

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jeff said:
I don't understand how the mayors of these cities are able to decree smoking bans? Don't the city councils have a say? Usually when there is a broad controversial issue like smoking bans, they have a referendum and let everyone vote. THat is how is should be. I don't understand why in a supposed democracy, all the people don't have a vote on it. One guy shouldn't decide whether or not a city of a million people can smoke.

Jeff
In the article it states that the ban is being proposed by a councilman, and the mayor supports the proposal.

From the first sentence in the article;
"Councilman Michael Nutter's bill has the backing of Mayor John F. Street, which many believe improves its chance of being passed"

_____
rm

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.