Cigar Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
I like the heavy petits also. Here is what I have, or have had lately. Boli Petits box code ARA Feb03, these are absolutely awsome. Best I can remember in a while. Very strong, but also complex for a petit, my current fav. Partagas petits CZA ABR03, nice construction good looking cigars, but more med bodied. They were nice in the morning with coffee. San Cris. ElPrincipe EAR FEb03, very nice spicy rich cigar, med-full. I haven't bought any Shorts in a while, but my experience with them, the cabinets are usually better. I've found with 2 or 3 years age they are awsome, tons of earth and spice. The only negative is if they don't have the age, they are horrible. It's such a strong blend( old Havana). Some of the stories I've seen on this board echo that, they just are not smokeable young. If you can't find with some age, I'd stick to the Boli's.Hope this helps.;)

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
I agree, not a complex smoke just tons of good old earth and spice. The ones I've had in the past that were under a 2 years were just too harsh. Seems like lots of cigars are smoking better than ever with less age. Makes sense if production is lower than in the past years, the tobacco gets to sit around a bit longer before it gets rolled.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts