Cigar Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased this one because I was intrigued by the concept of a 100% cube cut tobacco. The description indicates that it is a Va/Burley blend, and it is clearly a mild aromatic, in the Danish style.

Pouch aroma - sweet, a subtle hint of caramel and/or honey. It seems to be a topping only, as upon smoking no casing or PG is detected.

Lighting/burning - since it is 100% cube cut as advertised, the packing is pretty simple. Fill your pipe by scooping into the pouch a couple of times, tamp a bit and light. The lighting takes a bit of effort to get it going good, but once it's lit it burns like a champ. (Came nice and dry in the bulk from smokingpipes.com).

Taste - Since it's high burley content, I get a grainy and nutty flavor that is consistent throughout. The Va and light topping make sure it's also sweet on the palate, which is a very nice counterpoint to the potential for burley to go bitter. Toward the end of the bowl, the taste starts to intensify towards an almost cigar-like body, which I attribute to the burley.

Aroma - I never smoke around anyone else, but the aroma to me smacks of toasting marshmallows and caramelized sugar. I'd consider this one of the best aromas I've ever had from a pipe tobacco.

Nicotine - No effects on me (during my 30 min commute, 1/2 of a pipeful), so that tells me there is a decent amount of Va in these little cubes.

Summary - A damn good tobacco that smokes great in a cob while commuting, I'm going to keep this one around for my driving smoke. Once you get it lit, it takes minimal maintenance. Seems to be only available in bulk (both pipesandcigars.com and smokingpipes.com have it) and at a reasonable price between $20 and $25 per lb.

· Registered
753 Posts
I purchased this one because I was intrigued by the concept of a 100% cube cut tobacco. The description indicates that it is a Va/Burley blend, and it is clearly a mild aromatic, in the Danish style.

Pouch aroma - sweet, a subtle hint of caramel and/or honey. It seems to be a topping only, as upon smoking no casing or PG is detected.

Lighting/burning - since it is 100% cube cut as advertised, the packing is pretty simple. Fill your pipe by scooping into the pouch a couple of times, tamp a bit and light. The lighting takes a bit of effort to get it going good, but once it's lit it burns like a champ. (Came nice and dry in the bulk from smokingpipes.com).

Taste - Since it's high burley content, I get a grainy and nutty flavor that is consistent throughout. The Va and light topping make sure it's also sweet on the palate, which is a very nice counterpoint to the potential for burley to go bitter. Toward the end of the bowl, the taste starts to intensify towards an almost cigar-like body, which I attribute to the burley.

Aroma - I never smoke around anyone else, but the aroma to me smacks of toasting marshmallows and caramelized sugar. I'd consider this one of the best aromas I've ever had from a pipe tobacco.

Nicotine - No effects on me (during my 30 min commute, 1/2 of a pipeful), so that tells me there is a decent amount of Va in these little cubes.

Summary - A damn good tobacco that smokes great in a cob while commuting, I'm going to keep this one around for my driving smoke. Once you get it lit, it takes minimal maintenance. Seems to be only available in bulk (both pipesandcigars.com and smokingpipes.com have it) and at a reasonable price between $20 and $25 per lb.
Very nice review. I picked up 8oz of this last year at IRC for about $6. (special or closeout) The aroma of the tobacco, and flavor of the smoke are similar to me ....just enough caramel/apple to enjoy and still be palatable.

CCB may be my favorite morning smoke. (after getting it lit!):tu

· Registered
79 Posts
Had my finger on the trigger many times with this one but I kept hearing in the back of my mind my wife's voice saying "Your not buying more tobacco are you?"

· Registered
468 Posts
I have said before if you leave this and a cob sitting around it will smoke itself. It is hard to light - I think this may be the rare case where a torch lighter may work for pipe smoking.

Once lit, this is PA easy to smoke.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.