Cigar Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy all, learning everyday; bought a 2002 version of Perlmans guide and was surprised to find how many cigars I have recently smoked weren't in there. I didn't realize the market was as changeable as it is and what a difference a year can make in the market. With that in mind any of you guys smoked a brand known as Helix? Not in my book. FrankB

·
DymOnamic
966 Posts
Yes, I had one last Dec. w/ the conn. wrapper, It was mild flavored and had a slight sweet taste to it. It burned even and the ash was strong...but seems towards mid-point it was a hot draw. Reminded me of the Macunudo Hyde Park.....but with less depth......if you like that sort of smoke this may be for you. I prefer much stronger taste profiles.

I haven't tried the Maduro yet. The Helix cigar seems to be priced at a very good range. They just didn't grab me enough to actually buy them. (mine came from a gift-pack):) Good Luck in your search FrankB

·
Registered
66 Posts
Haven't seen your posts for a while FrankB, you stopped learning?
By the way, I had a chance to drop by at the Pipe World in the Highlind Mall. It was a cozy shop with good selection of cigars and nice staff. I liked there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts