Cigar Forums banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Philosopher Extraordinai
604 Posts
I used to burn candles when I smoked in the house and we had company, but now I am an old codger, and if someone has a problem with pipe or cigar smoking, they know where the front door is. Of course, if there is someone at the house with health problems, I will, out of courtesy, go outside, but other than that, If you have a problem with my pipes, don't come in. I have a sign on the front door to that effect.

Of course, being in the wilderness, the few visitors I have know me, and it's not a problem.

In the movie "Big Red 1" an italian who served in the US Army was smoking even due the disembarkation in Normandy at the D-Day, his cigar was in his mouth even when he was on the waves of sea.
The main problem in a closed room is the ventilation, an open window does not solve the problem of the remained tobacco smell. They said that an non aromatic candle due smoking helps somehow.

·
Registered
48 Posts
My perfect smoke room would either be similar to some of these - books, a comfortable chair, maybe a fireplace...and also a writing desk, as I enjoy smoking my pipe while I write. But I really enjoy smoking outside, actually. I have to at the moment because I'm in a non-smoking flat, but even if I weren't I think I'd smoke outside. The sun, the breeze, the beautiful Table Mountain, the sunset...yeah :)

Reactions: droy1958

·
Registered
22 Posts
My current smoking room is my heated garage, with leather chairs and my Harley-Davidsons. When the weather is nice I open the garage door to experience the outside, in the cold I keep the doors closed, but have windows to let as much natural light in as possible.

I have a ionizer to help dissipate the smoke and two fans to circulate the air. I have a simple sound system that plays my favourite tunes, and a very nice little dog that sits next to me whenever I am in there.

Essentially I like what I have and don't think I would change it.

·
Smuggler and Wookie
276 Posts
I've been debating this for quite some time, and can't make up my mind about the best choice.
Maybe something dictator chic - I've seen enough of them to know.
Or Bond villain style.
Or like the Mos Eisley cantina.
Or that bar in Raiders of the Lost Ark.
Or Godfather style.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
I have another one, it's from a store in Germany, you can hear the sound of the fireplace! According to the rules of this forum i think i mustn't post the link but i will write just the name.
pfeifen - zigarrenhaus. de/
I don't have any relation with the store, i just like the picture and the noise, calms me a lot.

·
Smuggler and Wookie
276 Posts

Anyone who wants to visit my smoking room must be able to do the Haka, like this. It's so well done (and I know my Hakas) that even I almost shed a tear.

Reactions: selpo and Rondo

·
Smuggler and Wookie
276 Posts
Example: 1

Example: 2
I'd have both. Well, I can dream, can't I?

One for my place in Africa (big enough for a few buddies), and the other for my place back in the world, only for one-on-one gatherings, or when I want to be alone.

·
Trust Me, I'm Not Lion
2,997 Posts
Example 1.
I'd have cigars in each of their mouths. Except for that little Chinese ferret-badger. His maw would hold my cutter.

Anyone else notice the photo bomb by @SeanTheEvans ?
Any reason me see no photos?

Not in post nor later quote of it:vs_unimpressed:

·
Registered
173 Posts
I've got a little shack/cabin I built that's back in the woods. I put a small barrel type fireplace in it, a mini fridge, and a small TV. I've even got a bed and a bathroom. The only thing I'm missing is a perfect leather recliner I can sink into. I've been searching Craigslist for a steal. It's definitely minimalist but it does the trick. I spend so much time out there I'm actually considering giving my landlord my notice and making it a full time thing. Once I find the perfect leather recliner I'm set.

·
Registered
48 Posts
@SeanTheEvans you have to click on the numbers 1 or 2 to go to the photos.

Reactions: Sid.Stavros

·
Super Moderator
17,036 Posts
I've got a little shack/cabin I built that's back in the woods. I put a small barrel type fireplace in it, a mini fridge, and a small TV. I've even got a bed and a bathroom. The only thing I'm missing is a perfect leather recliner I can sink into. I've been searching Craigslist for a steal. It's definitely minimalist but it does the trick. I spend so much time out there I'm actually considering giving my landlord my notice and making it a full time thing. Once I find the perfect leather recliner I'm set.
So I'm picturing either a uni-bomber chic kinda shack or a break out the cadaver dogs kinda cabin in the woods.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Any reason me see no photos?

Not in post nor later quote of it
Because the link is too big or sometimes the photo is huge and will cause problems in the page here.That's why you put the link between and all you have to do is to click in a specific spot as "here" No1" "this one" "like this" etc.
Here is another big photo of a smoking room, click here to see it.

·
Super Moderator
8,372 Posts
We Puffers may not like filtered cigars, but some of us need to learn to put a filter on what we say.

·
Super Moderator
17,036 Posts
Dear MR. or Mrs. n.s.a. agent,

I do not know Mr. Tanner, nor do I have knowledge of his whereabouts or activities.

Reactions: Bird-Dog
21 - 40 of 46 Posts