Cigar Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I was lookin for a new nic puro to try and I've liked CAO products in the past and since they are made by Perdomo I was thinking his products are probably pretty good, although I've never tried them. In fact I was thinking they might be better since you would think he'd use better tobacco on his own product rather than for the Ozgener family. I see they have ranked very high, among the highest ever, but we all had the conversation on the ratings, so I would rather trust you trusty 'rillas. Anybody have the low-down on maybe the Perdomo2 Cam/Mad or the Reserve SG/Mad?? Thanks a ton fellas.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh boy!

Maybe I shouldn't have even posted. I looked up some reviews by fellow smokers here at top25 and some other places and almost nobody has anything nice to say about this line. It's either burn problems or over priced. I'll stick with the Padron nic puro's I think lol. Although if anyone HAS had any good experience with this line I'd like to hear it, but it sounds like a loser cigar. I'm just surprised since CAO's are good and everyone loves them and these are so terrible. Made in the same factory..ah well....

·
Registered
921 Posts
I am not really a fan of Perdoma but:
The Perdoma2 in the cameroon wrapper in the "rhombis"
size is a good cigar. This It is a medium body smoke, good flavor and very smooth. The rhombis size affords a ton of smoke. I mean a ton. It gives off more smoke than any other cigar I have ever smoked. The smoke is so soft/smooth and so plentiful that you can actually draw too much without knowing it. I have smoked a couple of these and they are consistent. I have a couple in the box as well. Is it the best cigar out there, no. Is it good, enjoyable and worth $7, definitely. I think you would be remiss not to try one.

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
The Perdomo La Tradition Cabinet Selection have been among my favorites since they first came out (summer '98?).
I like both the Rosado (medium bodied) and the Maduro (more full bodied). Sometimes little burning problems but I've enjoyed their flavors tremendously.

MoTheMan

BTW, my favorite sizes have been No. 1 (which sometimes burns hot but is a great short smoke), the Perdomo X and the No. 5.

·
Registered
76 Posts
:u :u I like the CAO Cameroon Anniversarios and the Brazilias very much. They are too pricey for me to smoke very often. The Perdomo "The Cigar"s that I have tried all had serious burn problems.:u

·
Registered
258 Posts
There are a few nice samplers of Perdomo cigars around, "plethora of perdomos" to name one. You owe yourself a try as they are very tasty. Yes, they do have burn problems from time to time but they are reasonably priced compared to other premium smokes out there!:cool:

·
Registered
410 Posts
A couple of the retialers I deal with say the same thing.
Jeeze look at all the Perdomo Stock that doesn't move.

LOL Bummer.......

Basically there where a few Batches of cigars that made it out of the factory that where sub standard and that created a black eye that has hung on...

I like several of the perdomo products personally.

I have had a couple of boxes of the "bad batches" that where unsmokable..
Now its only a ruhmor but I heard from a person that the only reason that the bad batches ever hit the street was that someone in the company pissed off the rollers.
Makes sence - if nothing more than a good rhumor..
Hb

1 - 8 of 8 Posts