Cigar Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was a beautiful Saturday in Pittsburgh. I nice mild 65 degrees outside and I though It would be a good day to go and Visit the Allegheny Smoke Works. The shop recommended by AAlmeter to me.

So I jumped in my Durango with my cousin and his son and it was time for a road trip. We got to the Cigar shop and Wow what a great place. There was about 6 guys smoking cigars and all having a great time. I walked into their humidor. And I saw all of my favorite cigars and almost every cigar that i wanted to try. So I grabed a few favorites Some Oliva Grand Maduro Robustos ( Review to Follow) and 2 cigars that I wanted to try. The Torano Exodus 1959 Silver edition torpedo and the Perdomo La Tradition Reserve Torpedo in a Rosado Wrapper.

Here is the Review. Wow I looked at the Perdomo and was awed buy it beauty and shear constriction and size. I clipped the end and the unlit draw was tight very tight. This was not a good sign. So I lit the cigar. The taste was shallow lacking any real depth. The draw was still hard I was getting very little smoke throught the cigar at all. Another inch and it was a true hardship to try and get anything out of this cigar. Forget the taste there was none. I got out the trusty poker and tried to loosen up the draw. But it did not help. Another few puffs the cigar just went out and became clogged. I snipped the foot off and poked the cigar from the front in hope that my 8 dollars was not completely in vein but alas the cigar was just dead. I had such high hopes for this cigar too. It is like findong out that your vestal virgin girlfriend is on the cover this months issue of jugs. What a let down.

·
-
11,412 Posts
wow, that sucks.

i normally don't reply to non-habanos reviews, not that i'm snobby, i'm just not smoking them/buying them often.

i have had one or two of these, and thought they were great. one was a gift from a good buddy, he had it in his humi for a few days.

sometimes, when i get a cigar from a shop, they're way too wet. i highly suggest getting another and letting it set for 2 weeks.

PERDOMO'S are notorious for being WAAAAAY TOOOOO WEEEETTTT when you get them. but trust me, bring your humidity down from 70% to at least 68% or less, let 'em sit for a while...

i bought a few of the famed "perdomo2" and LOVED the flavor, when i could get smoke. they were too wet to smoke, but i was a newbie. i read some stuff on another site about perdomo's, and other have said that you have to let them set. i did just that, and 2 months later, they were like smoking a choco capuccino.

i wouldn't mind having some more of those, i thought they were pretty good.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.