Cigar Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here smoke a pipe made out of pear root. How do you like them, and do they stand up well. I have no experience with them but I do see them advertised.

·
THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG!
29,873 Posts
From what i have heard its near impossible to build any cake in them thus they tend to burn on the hot side.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The pear root pipes are usually the ones on ebay that are made in the Ukraine. They generally have a dragon etc carved on them. I also read in a pipe book that pear root was used as well as briar, but obviously briar is the better choice.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Yeah, I saw these too. They have a lot of different styles and the price is cheap. I may get one just to test it out. I have heard bad things about the Chinese pipes, but nothing about the quality (other than the above) of the Ukraine pipes. I can't post a link but there is a Ebay shop called "Fine Ukraine". They have some briar too.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Why waste your money finding out? If it was any good, reputable companies would've been using it all along.

Nothing smokes as well as a Missouri Meerschaum cob for the dollar, and nothing looks as handsome and smokes as well as briar or meerschaum for quality.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.