Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Silverback
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
pretty good game up to the end. smoked another CMV natural naked just now good stuff. great night

·
Silverback
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was pretty sure the pats would win but you never know.

·
An ass, not a fish
4,476 Posts
Jeff said:
Glad I didn't bet on the Eagles. :cool:
I tried to bet a thousand on them around 5:40, but Paul closed betting at 5. New England didn't cover their spread, Philly won that bet. Oh well.... what would I have done with an extra thousand CS credits?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Personally I dislike the Pats. Being a Steelers fan doesn't help that - I'm just tired of seeing them. They remind me of the Utah Jazz of the early 90s. No frills, pick & rolls and sharpshooting. They just seem so *blah* to me. Congrats to their fans - but I will be rooting against them every single game next season.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Can't stand the Pats (no offense to any Pats fans here). But I'll give credit where credit is due. They are the team to beat. Once the Panthers get healthy, we'll make another run at them...I expect our game against the Pats this coming season to either be a Monday Night Game or a Sunday Night game on ESPN.

·
Silverback
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
relitivly happy with the super bowl but still wish the pack would make it back

·
Silverback
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That you do. My aunt lives in green bay games are a blast there

·
Registered
904 Posts
How can you not like a team that scores a passing touchdown using a linebacker!

Three Superbowls and nine straight playoff victories, using guys that sacrifice and go both ways or do anthing required to win. I don't call that "blase". Sorry Steeltown but it sounds like you still havn't got over the trashing. :)

I guess now I know what it feels like to be a Yankee Fan.

Pats are a very unique and likeable team, hope it brushes off on some of the other "Look at me" types.

Congrats Pats

·
Registered
374 Posts
miketafc said:
How can you not like a team that scores a passing touchdown using a linebacker!

Three Superbowls and nine straight playoff victories, using guys that sacrifice and go both ways or do anthing required to win. I don't call that "blase". Sorry Steeltown but it sounds like you still havn't got over the trashing. :)

I guess now I know what it feels like to be a Yankee Fan.

Pats are a very unique and likeable team, hope it brushes off on some of the other "Look at me" types.

Congrats Pats
I think that about sums up why I DON'T like them. I'm just tired of hearing of how unselfish, professional, gracious, complimentary, likeable..._______ (add your personal favorite) the Patriots are. They say how they aren't "me first", and don't draw attention to themselves, then they feel the need to do the "eagles wing flap" everytime they do something great in the game.

It's not the Steelers loss that makes me dislike them (I'm glad we ended their winning streak w/ the victory earlier this year at least), it's the fact that the media has tried to make them into "America's Team" - w/ the Goldenboy QB and the Great HC and such hardworking and unselfish players - after hearing/seeing that for the 100th + time, it makes you want to :pu .

Let's not get confused - I really RESPECT their team and what they do, but I really DISLIKE them at the same time. Like I said, the NBA team I disliked most in the NBA back in the early 90s was the Jazz. That has nothing to do w/ any other team, it has only to do w/ me not liking the Jazz. The NFL team I've disliked most the past 3 years is the Patriots. I was actually glad they won their first SB in an upset. But since then, they have locked down the #1 spot on my "Most Hated" list.

And I do think their style of play is "blase". That's how their coach wants it. They have a tough D, but no crazy flash - their most intimidating/animated player is #37. They have a solid O, but no flash. No freaks on either side of the ball that make you go "wow" at their sheer athletic ability. But that is how the coach has built the team, and that's how he keeps everyone under his control, and following his plan. Like I said, they are respectable but just not likeable anymore.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Steeltown said:
I think that about sums up why I DON'T like them. I'm just tired of hearing of how unselfish, professional, gracious, complimentary, likeable..._______ (add your personal favorite) the Patriots are. =
I also am sick of hearing from ESPN mentality press types about the "above and beyond" players.

I think they are trying to justify why they completely dominate both leagues but do not give them the "look at me" soundbites they want. They also go out and play football and love it. Troy Brown -- receiver, safety, runback punts and kickoffs, Vrabel, Seymour etc.

Well you make not like it but I for one have had enough of the stupid interviews, :BS cleashes and dumb sports phrases spewed out by the sound bite idiots in sports. Hockey didn't even start this year and basketball has stooped to an alltime low.

This is a copycat culture so expect more teams to start imitating the team concept of the Patriots. I don't consider the Steelers a "look at me" type team and there pretty close to the Pats as far as team concept. Pitts squawshed a few of our dreams in the past and I believe the rivalry is going to continue with some great matchups between Cower and Belicheck.

The fact Pitt fans hate us is great because it means great rivalries to come.

We hate the Yankees, but love to play em every year.

See ya next year

·
Registered
374 Posts
miketafc said:
I also am sick of hearing from ESPN mentality press types about the "above and beyond" players.

I think they are trying to justify why they completely dominate both leagues but do not give them the "look at me" soundbites they want. They also go out and play football and love it. Troy Brown -- receiver, safety, runback punts and kickoffs, Vrabel, Seymour etc.

Well you make not like it but I for one have had enough of the stupid interviews, :BS cleashes and dumb sports phrases spewed out by the sound bite idiots in sports. Hockey didn't even start this year and basketball has stooped to an alltime low.

This is a copycat culture so expect more teams to start imitating the team concept of the Patriots. I don't consider the Steelers a "look at me" type team and there pretty close to the Pats as far as team concept. Pitts squawshed a few of our dreams in the past and I believe the rivalry is going to continue with some great matchups between Cower and Belicheck.

The fact Pitt fans hate us is great because it means great rivalries to come.

We hate the Yankees, but love to play em every year.

See ya next year
I don't mind their players, just tired of seeing them win! In terms of great matchups in years to come, I really do look forward to the players squaring off - I think we do have the talent/personnel to dethrone you all (as we showed earlier in the season), however matching up head coaches is something I do not look forward to. Cowher cannot hold a candle to Belicheck. In my eyes, Belicheck is far and away the best "game planner" and "scheming" mind in the game today. He's on his own level, and Cowher isn't even a step down, he's half-a-flight down.

I'm already looking forward to next year, though. I just hope you don't walk away w/ more great FA pickups like last year, most of all not Kendrell Bell. I'm sure Pitt fans do hate you now that you've spoiled our AFC Championship party at our home field twice in the last several seasons. But we'll get you next season!

Good luck to you!

·
Registered
882 Posts
Steeltown said:
I don't mind their players, just tired of seeing them win! In terms of great matchups in years to come, I really do look forward to the players squaring off - I think we do have the talent/personnel to dethrone you all (as we showed earlier in the season), however matching up head coaches is something I do not look forward to. Cowher cannot hold a candle to Belicheck. In my eyes, Belicheck is far and away the best "game planner" and "scheming" mind in the game today. He's on his own level, and Cowher isn't even a step down, he's half-a-flight down.

I'm already looking forward to next year, though. I just hope you don't walk away w/ more great FA pickups like last year, most of all not Kendrell Bell. I'm sure Pitt fans do hate you now that you've spoiled our AFC Championship party at our home field twice in the last several seasons. But we'll get you next season!

Good luck to you!
I love your signiture, it goes with the avatar :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.