Cigar Forums banner

Patagas 898 Varnished / Unvarnished

414 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Bruce5 
#1 ·
I know that I have read this somewhere before, but I would be very grateful if someone could take the time to explain to me the difference between the 898 varnished and unvarnished.

I realise that they are called 898 due to the way in which they are packed in the box, but other than that I am a little confused.

Could someone also give me some tasting notes on these two? The unvarnished seem to be priced pretty well and I am considering buying some, I just don't know enough about them.

Many thanks

The Rodster

#2 ·
I thought the only difference was the box that they are packed in. I'm probably not 100% right, but I think that has something to do with it. Sorry if I'm way wrong here.

:pu

#3 ·
The Partagas 8-9-8 Varnished measures 6-3/4" X 43 (Dalia) and comes in a varnished cedar box packed in rows of 8, then 9, then 8 (hence the name).

The Partagas 8-9-8 Unvarnished measures 6-1/8" X 42 (Gran Corona) and comes in an unvarnished cedar box packed the same as above.

I personally have & enjoy both of the 8-9-8's offered by Partagas. The Varnished may seem more complex then the unvarnished and the unvarnished also seems consistantly milder in body.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.