Cigar Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, with all these people talking about them, I couldn't resist the call of the PSD4. Just bought a box (PSF JUN 04) and one of the sticks I received had a badly damaged wrapper from removal of the band by the dealer. The cap was nearly falling off. I figured I should just put this poor smoke out of it's misery. I took the stogie down to the local smoke shop so I could smoke it in good company.

Construction was excellent aside from the damage. Wrapper was medium brown with a light sheen and velvety coating. The stick was firm with no soft spots. The draw was excellent, just firm enough. The burn needed to be touched up twice, once when it started tunneling. I just received these 2 days ago, so they have not had time to rest in the humidor.

Flavor was earthy, leathery and slightly toasty. It wasn't quite as strong as the other PSD4's I've had and had a somewhat grassy flavor that I don't remember. The overall flavor was nice, and as I got to the second half, the flavor really started to kick in. I can still taste it, mmmm. 1 down, 24 to go.

Goat Locker

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Re: Another PSD4

I had one on election night, great smoke! flavour started out great then waned at the end. Usually it builds towards the end, not as strong as the other I have had either- I guess the more age they get the more mild the get :confused:

Joe

·
Registered
161 Posts
Re: Another PSD4

mr.c said:
I had one on election night, great smoke! flavour started out great then waned at the end. Usually it builds towards the end, not as strong as the other I have had either- I guess the more age they get the more mild the get :confused:

Joe
From the same box as the one you sent me? I noticed the exact same thing in the one I had...fantastic on the first 2/3, but sorta went downhill after that. No hard feelings with that one though....the first 45 minutes were heaven on earth to me!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.