Cigar Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this box 0f 15 (5x3packs) last January. Code is OIK DIC03. I remember smoking one of these a year ago and thinking it really had potenetial. It was very spicy and stronger than a typical Lusi. Unfortunately it turned funky about midpoint. Still too young. I buried these in the bottom of the humi and decided to try one last night. I really was not expecting a huge difference in 1 years time. I could not have been more wrong. Gone was the over-agressive spice. It still had some spice, but was now in great balance. It showed complexity and had just an awsome aroma. The aroma of a Lusitania thats on is very hard to beat. The cigar had a solid med body and was very nice after a steak dinner. This is just a great cigar. It also made it down to the band before turning this time. Not as good as a well aged Part. Salomone, but some of the flavors and smells are very similar. Wish this was a box of 25. Proof that sometimes you don't have to wait very long periods of time to get some pretty darn good aging results. I used to not be much of a fan of 3 and 5 packs, but this cigar has changed my mind. Maybe they just need a little more time to shine? The boxes are pretty airtight compared to a dress box.

· Registered
244 Posts
Re: 03 Lusitania

I had to go look at my box of Lusi's to see exactly when they were produced. It was May 2004. I believe that your initial impression of your '03's is more representative of how mine have been so far. I, too, had put them in the bottom of the humi hoping they'd come around. I've gt some VR Don Alejandro's and RA Gigantes that are ready to smoke now, and at this point, I prefer either of those to any DC I've had.

Now, if anyone wanted to send me a Cohiba DC for a comparo, I think I'd be able to suffer through it.

· Registered
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Gordie said:
I had to go look at my box of Lusi's to see exactly when they were produced. It was May 2004. I believe that your initial impression of your '03's is more representative of how mine have been so far. I, too, had put them in the bottom of the humi hoping they'd come around. I've gt some VR Don Alejandro's and RA Gigantes that are ready to smoke now, and at this point, I prefer either of those to any DC I've had.

Now, if anyone wanted to send me a Cohiba DC for a comparo, I think I'd be able to suffer through it.
I have some of the Cohiba D.C.'s. They aren't there yet IMO. Hopefully with a little more time. The Monte D.C. is the hands down best D.C. I've had in the last 10 years. Only a few 94 and earlier D.C.'s have been better to my tastes.

· Registered
4,170 Posts

Fredster said:
I got this box 0f 15 (5x3packs) last January. Code is OIK DIC03. I remember smoking one of these a year ago and thinking it really had potenetial. It was very spicy and stronger than a typical Lusi. Unfortunately it turned funky about midpoint. Still too young. I buried these in the bottom of the humi and decided to try one last night. I really was not expecting a huge difference in 1 years time. I could not have been more wrong. Gone was the over-agressive spice. It still had some spice, but was now in great balance. It showed complexity and had just an awsome aroma. The aroma of a Lusitania thats on is very hard to beat. The cigar had a solid med body and was very nice after a steak dinner. This is just a great cigar. It also made it down to the band before turning this time. Not as good as a well aged Part. Salomone, but some of the flavors and smells are very similar. Wish this was a box of 25. Proof that sometimes you don't have to wait very long periods of time to get some pretty darn good aging results. I used to not be much of a fan of 3 and 5 packs, but this cigar has changed my mind. Maybe they just need a little more time to shine? The boxes are pretty airtight compared to a dress box.

I cant agree more..Had 1 the other night from 03 at Frank and Anitas..It was a very good smoke with some good change ups...totally enjoyed all the way..

· Registered
975 Posts

Had my first ever Lusi tonight courtesy of a generous brother and now I see what you guys fuss about. It was from '03 as well and probably one of the best cigars I've had in my short Habanos experience. I got very smooth, sweet cream flavors from it, with some spices mixing interchangeably on the way down. Complex beautiful smoke with a lovely aroma. I was a little bia though and had to put it down with about 3 inches left. I'm hooked. :hn :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.