Cigar Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I had the first Fuma out of the box I purchased a couple of weeks ago. This is also my first review so bear with me on this as I don't always pick up so of the undertones the more experienced might. So I got these suckers about two and a half weeks ago and had to let them set for a littles while anyway, Appearance at the foot looked a little ragged but that didn't really bother me at all. I slid the punch cutter over the "twist" and cut just the curly tip off (btw if anyone knows a good way to cut these let me know I'm not sure how the endcap is made) I toasted the foot and lit it up. The first part of it had a nice flavour and easy draw with plenty of smoke. Towards the middle the nut/coffee type taste came to me and lasted the duration of the smoke. All in all I am very pleased with the Fuma, and I definatly like the price at 36 bucks for 20 of them. Definatly worth the money I'd give it a 4-4.5 out of 5.

·
Shags homely sheep
5,059 Posts
Re: Pardon Fumas

Nice review -- good job. The Fumas has that coffee taste to me also. I think the easiest way to get the end off this cigar is to just use your teeth I'm not sure, but the wrapper might just be continuous and they leave it extended over the foot and twisted at the head.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Thanks first of all, it is daunting to review reading some of the other great reviews on here. I have decided that a good sharp double blade cutter is proably best suited for this cigar after trying it that way last night.

·
Registered
83 Posts

Good review man, now I want one sooner than I'll be able to have one. just made a trip to the shop tonight and picked up a couple of Fumas. They are hard to find here on this side of town, so now I will finally be able to try one after all the good things I've been reading about them both here and other sites. Hopefully I'll be able to have one tomorrow after dinner. :D review sounds good so I don't doubt that the cigar will be good, and will be my first short filler cigar. I know this is a review thread but is there any taste difference and/or burn difference between short filler and long filler?

·
Registered
369 Posts

I've been thinking about these for the last few months or so. BTW nice review. No sweat, just write one and tell us what you think... We're easy going fellas.

As for cutting these, I'll bet you could just bite the pigtail off. I've done this to a couple of pigtailed smokes (a few mixed fill too) and it worked fine for me. Guillotine cutters work fine, of course.

As for the construction of the cap, as far as I know it's just a continuation of the wrapper, sealed with vegitable gum and twisted.

-E

·
Registered
806 Posts

I picked up a couple of these out of curiosity a couple of weeks ago as I am a big Padron fan. The first one I smoked was, for a short fill cigar an excellent smoke. I smoked the second one a couple of day's ago and it was just as good as the first I'm not a big fan of short fill cigars but after trying these I'm going to purchase a box next week. For a little more then a buck a stick how can you go wrong? If you like Padron's I highly recommend these.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts

Eichen said:
I've been thinking about these for the last few months or so. BTW nice review. No sweat, just write one and tell us what you think... We're easy going fellas.

As for cutting these, I'll bet you could just bite the pigtail off. I've done this to a couple of pigtailed smokes (a few mixed fill too) and it worked fine for me. Guillotine cutters work fine, of course.

As for the construction of the cap, as far as I know it's just a continuation of the wrapper, sealed with vegitable gum and twisted.

-E
Yeup. Just cut or bite off the tail. I don't like to cut the cap because then you'll get tobbacco in your tongue. The demand for these have gone so high that the bundles are arriving at the retailers wet from the rolling table. Still a great cigar for .80 cents.

·
Registered
83 Posts

Finally had my first Fumas on thursday. Wow, is what I have to say, it was really good. Personally it rivaled some that have been $5+ smokes. Will have to buy a box when the money comes. Very nice flavor.

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts

I have found that a v-cutter works about the best for sandwich filler cigars. I don't know what trouble you would have with the pig tail, but Nely is right....short filler cigars tend to poop in your mouth.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.