Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have had a box of padron executives in the humidor for about a year now and i couldn`t believe how much they taste like the padron anniversary series......i went back and forth from the executives to the anniversaries and ,to be honest, i thought the executives were better......go figure!!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
let me start by saying that i love the entire padron line......the executives ,when i first got them, were fairly mild,nutty with lots of smoke.......after a year they came alive and became very complex and chocolatey.....thats how i view the anniversaries,too.........right now,though,i`m severely hooked on the padron 4000 series and i`m getting some,right out of the box ,that blow the anniversaries away...........the anniversaries,imho,are over=rated and over hyped........buy some 4000`s and smoke `em in a year and you`ll see what i mean....

·
Registered
207 Posts
I was tugging on a 2000 last night and thought to myself that there is probably no better cigar dollar-for-dollar than Padron. If there is, please let me know. All of them, just fine cigars. I've smoked fewer than ten of the PAs, but I've thought the same that the tastes were very comparable.

bd

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
imho,you`re right......dollar for dollar there is no finer cigar than the padrons........put a box of the 4000`s away in the humi for a year and you`ll have a great smoke.......i`m also a big fan of camacho corojo`s....as close to a cuban as you can get

·
Bacon Lover
808 Posts
I have always been a big padron fan. I haven't smoked many in the past few months only b/c I'd had so many I needed a break. I think its time I go back to "the well".
For a time last spring I was really into the padron londres and ambassadors (both maduro). For a streak there the ones I was getting tasted A LOT like the Anny's (maybe better). They were strong, spicy, but most importantly they tasted GREAT. (There was nothing better than smoking one with a iced hazelnut coffee on a hot summer day..mmmmm) I didn't find this to be as true with thousand series, even though they were very good in thier own right.

ONE THING THOUGH - I saved a few londres and ambassadors for a few months to age and they didn't taste nearly as good as they did out of the box. Not only did they lose a little spice (which is to be expected), but they flavor totally changed for the worse - got kind of bitter and lost a lot of the chocolate flavor. :confused:

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have read many comments from folks here and elsewhere that feel Padrons are best enjoyed young. Outside of this thread, I have seen very few people that prefer them with some age on them.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Padron is one of my most favorite non-isom sticks. All lines are awesome. I smoked an original release stick from the regular line before it was even named 2000, 3000, 4000...etc. That Chet ROCKED! I agree that Padron's get much better with a little age on 'em! :w

·
-
11,412 Posts
rollsfxr said:
i`m also a big fan of camacho corojo`s....as close to a cuban as you can get
while i've had a few camacho corojo's, and a few cubans, i found a wide margin between the two. maybe i had a bad camacho. i even hunted to find the coveted SLR line.... i'm just not into overly earthy non-cubans, make me want to spit all the time.

padrons are pretty darn good though.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
rollsfxr said:
let me start by saying that i love the entire padron line......the executives ,when i first got them, were fairly mild,nutty with lots of smoke.......after a year they came alive and became very complex and chocolatey.....thats how i view the anniversaries,too.........right now,though,i`m severely hooked on the padron 4000 series and i`m getting some,right out of the box ,that blow the anniversaries away...........the anniversaries,imho,are over=rated and over hyped........buy some 4000`s and smoke `em in a year and you`ll see what i mean....
I wish that were true, I really do. I wish that I could buy cheaper smokes, and they'd taste just as good as the Padrón Anniversary 1964's, but alas, I haven't found that the rest of the Padrón line -- however good they are -- to be close.

·
Registered
258 Posts
rollsfxr said:
imho,you`re right......dollar for dollar there is no finer cigar than the padrons........put a box of the 4000`s away in the humi for a year and you`ll have a great smoke.......i`m also a big fan of camacho corojo`s....as close to a cuban as you can get
:D You have excellent taste, bravo;) :) .

·
Registered
589 Posts
What does the (M) stand for?

What does the (M) stand for next to the Padrons in the review database? I bought a 5000 the other day, not sure if it is just a 5000 or a 5000 (M).

·
Registered
291 Posts
one90proof is correct, the (m) stands for maduro wrapper. If the cigar you bought had a very dark wrapper it was a maddie if it was more of a tan color than it had a natural wrapper. I don't know about everyone else, but I myself prefer the maddie wrapper. I think it has more flavor and is a little stronger than the nat is.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Re: What does the (M) stand for?

Hey Tigah, welcome to the jungle. Congrats on the MNC, y'all had a great team this year. Just keeping smoking those maduro Padrons and life will be good...

Woof! BD.

LSUTIGER said:
What does the (M) stand for next to the Padrons in the review database? I bought a 5000 the other day, not sure if it is just a 5000 or a 5000 (M).

·
Bacon Lover
808 Posts
I agree with Treyjo43. The Maduro padrons are much better in my opinion - stronger and more flavor.
Be careful though. The Padron Naturals tend to be dark - sometimes so dark its hard to tell the difference b/t natural and maduro. Definetly look at the box when buying to be sure.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.