Cigar Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't get me wrong--I love...no...ADORE Padron cigars. But what's with the stems???

Seems like every Padron I cut through has the most humongous stems in it. I'm looking at the end of this 6000 and there are 3 huge yellow stems measuring at least 3 mm in diameter and 5 or 6 that are a little smaller, yet still visible. I've noticed this in the x000 as well as the Anniversary line also.

Isn't deveining or de-stemming a process of cigar making?

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
I hate to say, but Ive experienced this in the 1000, bet never ever ever in the Annivasario line and ive smoked my fair share of that line!

·
-
11,412 Posts
hoss, i noticed this as well last week. my boss loves padrons (then again, he busy strictly from thompsons) and he handed me a 3000 maduro... not bad, solid cigar in construction and burn, predictable flavor throughout... but i had a stem that kept poking me... drove me nuts.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Probably a little more than half of the x000's I've smoked that I can remember, there was at least one stem under the cap. Hasn't bothered me yet though. Haven't had more than a handful of 64s, but I haven't seen one in any of those yet. Only time I've been pissed off about a stem was when I found a nice one halfway down a Fuma.

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
I've always gotten quite a few stems in Villazon products.....didn't seem to hurt the flavor. Oh yeah, in Mexican dope too.......uh, that was a long time ago.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.