Cigar Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done a personal comparison between the Padron Anniversary and the Perdomo Estate Seleccion? One of the listings over at the devil makes the comparison between the two and claims that they are very similar. I'd rather hear first hand that this is true from a trusted brother than from a salesman trying to get my loot. The Perdomo is definitely more wallet friendly if they are truly close in flavor. Personally I haven't smoked either of them, but I'm thinking of bidding on a fiver of the Maduro Perdomo's.

Any input from the brother's?

Cheers!!
Steve

·
Hasta La Vista!!!
7,888 Posts
JezterVA said:
Has anyone done a personal comparison between the Padron Anniversary and the Perdomo Estate Seleccion? One of the listings over at the devil makes the comparison between the two and claims that they are very similar. I'd rather hear first hand that this is true from a trusted brother than from a salesman trying to get my loot. The Perdomo is definitely more wallet friendly if they are truly close in flavor. Personally I haven't smoked either of them, but I'm thinking of bidding on a fiver of the Maduro Perdomo's.

Any input from the brother's?

Cheers!!
Steve
Of course, this is purely IMHO.
NO COMPARISON!
NEVER!
Not today, not tomorrow, not ever.

I enjoy both brands very much.
If not smoking ISOMs, Padron Annis are my favorite.
Nick makes great cigars also and I stock some of them also.
For the money, love his Y2K or Perdomo2 but for my personal preference and that of my dad, who I respect dearly as he has smoked Cubans along with Padron and Nick's for over 55 years, Perdomo smokes cannot rival that of the Padron Anni.
Nick's attempt to rival the Anni is actually the Silvio Edition, which is quite costly (in excess of $20). He has often times given us freebies to get us on them. Whenever we go back and he asks, we politely tell hime they were great.

I happen to have accounts with both companies and buy directly from them. My dad and I visit both stores regularly.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool, I appreciate the feedback. I am also a fan of the Perdomo2 as well. Although you didn't specifically say, I'm assuming the Estate Seleccion doesn't suck, rather there is no close comparison to the Padron Anni.

I think I'll take a stab, and see if I can grab a fiver for cheap.

Cheers!!
Steve

·
Skeeter's Confidant
7,197 Posts
I like the Perdomo 2k's as well. The Perdomo Estate Seleccion's are better but only having had a few, I still agree with Blue, no comparison IMHO, don't believe I've had anything else that tastes like the Anni's maduro or naturals.

G

·
floydp said:
I like the Perdomo 2k's as well. The Perdomo Estate Seleccion's are better but only having had a few, I still agree with Blue, no comparison IMHO, don't believe I've had anything else that tastes like the Anni's maduro or naturals.
:tpd:

Agreed, no comparison. However, I am a firm believer in perdomo, having more of Nick's sticks in my humi than any other. For the money, they are hard for me to beat. You are correct in assuming that the Estate Selections are not bad. They are also good smokes, just not in the same class as the Pedron Anni's (nor do I believe they are intended to be).

·
Skeeter's Confidant
7,197 Posts
SvilleKid said:
:tpd:

Agreed, no comparison. However, I am a firm believer in perdomo, having more of Nick's sticks in my humi than any other. For the money, they are hard for me to beat. You are correct in assuming that the Estate Selections are not bad. They are also good smokes, just not in the same class as the Pedron Anni's (nor do I believe they are intended to be).
Perdomo gets knocked around pretty good by alot of folks Cliff but I likem as well. More and more end up in my humidor as time goes on(damn devil). Anita and I both have smoked quite a few of the 2k's torfecto's and find that when a certain mood hits us, they hit the spot.

G

·
floydp said:
More and more end up in my humidor as time goes on(damn devil).
Exactly my problem. And they go for bargain prices there, so it is very difficult NOT to fill a humi with them!! I can enjoy a lot of Perdomos for the same price I can enjoy a Anni or a XX. That's not a slam against those two sticks, it just puts them in a catagory that requires a special occassion for me to justify pulling one out for burning.

Darn, all this talk about cigars, and now I wantta go outside and smoke one, and it's only 10:00 AM. Got a red label perdomo expo 2 that I punched for the bama game trip that did not get smoked that I can now hear calling my name.

·
Hasta La Vista!!!
7,888 Posts
SvilleKid said:
Exactly my problem. And they go for bargain prices there, so it is very difficult NOT to fill a humi with them!! I can enjoy a lot of Perdomos for the same price I can enjoy a Anni or a XX. That's not a slam against those two sticks, it just puts them in a catagory that requires a special occassion for me to justify pulling one out for burning.

Darn, all this talk about cigars, and now I wantta go outside and smoke one, and it's only 10:00 AM. Got a red label perdomo expo 2 that I punched for the bama game trip that did not get smoked that I can now hear calling my name.
I think we all agree.
Nick makes some fine smokes.
I always keep on hand an unopened boxe of the Y2K and one of the Estate Selection.
Smoke them all the time.
You can't beat those Y2K's for around $4 that I pay for them.

·
An ass, not a fish
4,476 Posts
The Perdomo Estate ESV 91s have been released recently and are excellent smokes. Not cheap, but ones that I have been reaching for each recent visit to my local B&M (they have Padron 64s and VSGs in abundance). Not the same character smokes as the Padron 64 Annys but I like them at least as much. I'll have the opportunity to do a side by side of Padron anny nat and one of these ESV91s later in the week so look for a post on that in the NC reviews.

Paul and Rob had this one when they were released at the RTDA.

http://www.top25cigar.com/a_apps/ANM/anmviewer.asp?a=405&z=25

Really a top NC ... I haven't had any of the other Perdomo Estates to compare with.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.