Cigar Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I'm not going to post a review so much as an experience because I'm new and this may make some of you laugh. On Thursday of last week I got off work and road my butt back to my place to pick up a Padron 3000M and head to my favorite smoke spot. I sat down with a mag, an IPA, and my cigar. This thing impressed me from start 'till it finished me. I couldn't stop sniffing the butt end while I was smoking and I got a good hour and 30 minutes out of it until I realized that I was starting to feel queasy (remembering back to the first time I dipped Copenhagen and turned my world and guts upside down and inside out). Now, I set it down and let it fizzle because I couldn't take anymore. I mean, this thing knocked me on my arse!! Three glasses of water and 20 minutes later I was able to walk out without wanting to puke.

I don't inhale. This had never happened to me before, though I have never smoked a Padron before. It made me chuckle to myself and mutter "rookie".

What do you think, should I look forward to this in the future?

·
Registered
727 Posts
Like galaga said, make sure you have some food in your stomach. The only time I have ever gotten an upset stomach from a cigar is when I went hiking all day, and then stopped by the cigar shop on the way home and had a smoke before getting anything to eat.

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
Galaga told you that because sugar is an antidote for the mild nicotine poisoning that you were suffering from. A sugar packet is the quickest way, or maybe a soda pop.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
kansashat said:
Galaga told you that because sugar is an antidote for the mild nicotine poisoning that you were suffering from. A sugar packet is the quickest way, or maybe a soda pop.
Interesting. I wonder what the chemical reason behind that may be. Off to fire up google and get some answers.

Thanks for the input.

Oh yeah, there's nicotine in cigars :pu

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
I got nauseous once after an ERDM robusto larga that I smoked on an empty stomach and it completely disagreed with me. I haven't had a problem in a long time with a cigar, probably because my tolerance is up and I make sure I don't smoke when I'm not feeling well or haven't eaten.

And I love those Padron 3000 Maddies! Mmm-mmm!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.