Cigar Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i was able to obtain 6 of these babies the other day and i need your advice. Are they as rare as i hear they are? Are they awesome? I don't want to waste one before a special occassion but the curiosity is killing me!:confused: I'm glad the holidays are soon at hand;) :D

·
Registered
410 Posts
I've yet to see a 1926 (1964's are hard enough to find as it is) so as far as I'm concerned, they're rare.

·
Registered
546 Posts
They are a rarity. I bought two almost a year ago, and I still have one left. The one I did smoke was awesome. If you like the 1964's you'll just die over the 1926.

Grinch OUT!

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts

Exactly what dagrinch said,

They are a rarity. I bought two almost a year ago, and I still have one left. The one I did smoke was awesome. If you like the 1964's you'll just die over the 1926.

Unbelievable smoke & extremely hard to find. Just to give you an idea how hard they are to find. I have 8 boxes of the 1964 Anniversario [I buy about 1-2 BOXES per year], but only 5 sticks of of the 1926 Anniversario in the last 6 months (originally had 6 sticks but smoked the first one).

Has a lot of the nuances of the 1964's. A mellower nature, smooth flavor, nice complexity, but the '26 is stronger with more complexity. Love them both.

MoTheMan

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like Christmas came early this year, it seems they should be well worth the effort...thanks guys;) :u I suppose i'd be a fool not to grab a box should the opportunity arise ( knocks on wood ).

·
Registered
291 Posts
Rare...well it depends on where you are geographically...I find them fairly easy to find in my area.
Expensive...yes.
Good...IHMO, absolutely. Similar to the 1964's, but smoother. One of my favorite smokes.
Enjoy!
:w

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
emjet, if they are easy to find it sounds like you could pick them up and redistribute to the less fortunate LLG's.

·
Registered
21,744 Posts
emgjet said:
Rare...well it depends on where you are geographically...I find them fairly easy to find in my area.
Expensive...yes.
Good...IHMO, absolutely. Similar to the 1964's, but smoother. One of my favorite smokes.
Enjoy!
:w
Agree with you on all counts... great cigar but not hard to find locally.... expensive, YES! Very Expensive... they are just over $30 a stick here if you buy a box... over $40 if your buying singles, not sure how that compares to where everyone else is at but a little too expensive for me except for maybe a couple times a year...

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Okay, i broke down last night because...well, i deserved it:rolleyes: . Fabulous, awesome smoke and lasted a good hour plus. Would have been longer but it was damn cold at 10:00 PM last night in LA:mad: . Thanks for your info guys, if i ever get a monopoly of Padron 1926 boxes i'll remember those of you "special" lowland gorillas:fu ;) :r :u . Oh, they are $18.00 a piece FYI.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I was able to get 2 of the 1926s, and I still have one in the Humi. It is an amazing smoke. Don't know how long I'll be able to hold on to this one now.. :D

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I saw them just outside of Baltimore for $30 a stick and I couldn't fork over the dough. In my mind, I just can't equate one 1926 with eight Partagas Shorts.

·
DymOnamic
966 Posts
I've seen the 1926 in 1 shop here in Seattle, $30 a stick! I've never seen a box for sale on the internet. By WA. ST. logic, I would be paying $750 for a box of 25!!!

The PAMs are great, but still priced out of my budget for even an occaisional smoke.

I actually like the Padron Magnum Maduros better than the PAMs. It is an amazing cigar. Padron went all out, a fantastic cigar that should satisfy even the most discerning cigar smoker. I bought a box last year for $152.10 @ Jovanns and still feel like I got away with something! They burn perfect and taste great! They last 2 hours! $6 a smoke.

Padrons are great. I'm jealous of you and that 1926.

:fu

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
I'm lucky to have a couple boxes of 1926's...and loce them. I'll throw some up in the auction in the next couple days.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Lord Hammer said:
Okay, i broke down last night because...well, i deserved it:rolleyes: . Fabulous, awesome smoke and lasted a good hour plus. Would have been longer but it was damn cold at 10:00 PM last night in LA:mad: . Thanks for your info guys, if i ever get a monopoly of Padron 1926 boxes i'll remember those of you "special" lowland gorillas:fu ;) :r :u . Oh, they are $18.00 a piece FYI.
Glad to hear that you enjoyed the smoke. Can't really go wrong with Padrons. Always a consistent smoke for me!!

Grinch OUT!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts