Cigar Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to be at an LCDH on my vacation in the Carribbean. Any ideas on what might be a good cigar to look for that might have some age on it that is overlooked by everyone looking for Monte 2s? Is it a bad idea to look for any cigar that has been in the tropics for a while?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Probably not going to find anything real old, Mark. Too many people in and out of the Caribbean LCDH's. Never know though, so ask the clerks.

·
-
11,412 Posts
i've never personally been to an LCDH, but from what some guys have said, if you "dig", you might be able to find some boxes that have a few years of age on them already. y'know, guys just walk up and grab the ones on top if they don't know much about looking for the older ones.

and i don't think that getting "cuban" cigars that have been in the "tropics" will be a problem. isn't cuba a "tropical" region itself??? and i'm sure they've been taken care of in a humidor for a while anyway.

take my opinion as an opinion, as i have no experience personally with this, just spewing back what i've read from others who have experience doing this.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Ganz said:
Going to be at an LCDH on my vacation in the Carribbean. Any ideas on what might be a good cigar to look for that might have some age on it that is overlooked by everyone looking for Monte 2s? Is it a bad idea to look for any cigar that has been in the tropics for a while?
Your best bet is to turn over all of the boxes of smaller sized cigars. When I was at the LCDH in Aruba, I found several boxes of smaller sized cigars from 98. The only problem was that I didn't want to risk getting them taken given the prices I would be paying.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
During the several weeks I was there, I did find some 98 Boli CJ's and Part Charlottes. They didn't have any really new stuff though... Siglo VI, Trinidads, EL's, etc. Just be prepared to pay 4 or 5 bucks for a machine made PC and 8 or more for a hand made PC.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts