Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
BUGGER!!!!!!!
3,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine usaully stay up till the first week of the new year
but my neighbor across the street decided to wait till yesterday to take down her Christmas decorations

now I could see where if it had been 20 below for the last coupla months that ya may not have wanted to go outside & take down those 2 blow up decorations
but this is SoCal people... hell it was 90* a few weeks ago
well there down now so no more lookin & wondering any more
Hmmmm....Now I wonder when shes gonna take down the christmas lights:hn

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
This year they came down the second week of January. Other years they have stayed up until late March because I don't like climbing a ladder when it is on snow or frozen ground where it can slip very easily.

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
I am a firm believer in taking down Christmas decorations around New Years(Weather permitting). I love it when you are driving and you see people who are still celebrating Christmas in July!:r I'm always tempted to honk and yell "Merry Christmas" out the window when their outside but I've been able to hold back so far.:D :r :mn

·
4,433 Posts
We usually take them down the first week of the new year too. There are a couple of people in our neighborhood that never take their lights down, and they don't turn them on at Christmas either.

When I was a kid those lights would have been fair game, but for some reason the kids in our neighborhood don't mess with them...

·
Registered
367 Posts
Guilty!

Mine are still up. I've got a weak excuse, though. The rest of the neighborhood took theirs down the first part of January. I was having some minor back trouble that week, and thought climbing up and down a ladder and on my roof wasn't the best thing to be doing. I lost my window of opportunity... haven't had a nice weekend since... too cold, rainy, or snowy.

·
Registered
11,631 Posts
My lites still up, too cold to take down.

·
Registered
21,652 Posts
They were down before New Years this year.

Glad I did or everything would have been frozen solid with the cold spell we got. They came down with ease this year.

·
Registered
694 Posts
First week of January, the lights come off at my house
My in-laws keep their X-Mas lights up everyday of the year, going on about 6-7 years now. Gotta admire their "inner-child" :D

·
Not Bob
831 Posts
I try to leave them up until after the Epiphany (Jan. 6) , but lately I've been taking them down either on New Years day or the weekend following. The true Christmas season lasts until the Epiphany, so it's been a family tradition to leave them up until then, but if I let it go too long, I'll lose motivation and it won't get done until it warms up.

·
Great White Shark
1,439 Posts
I take mine done on the 1st of Jan, But I have been known to leave them up all year.

·
Registered
670 Posts
My mom's b-day is January 9, so they're usually up till then at least. I usually will pull everything off the bushes when it gets warm enough to do some pruning.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Lucked out this year and didn't put them out.....besides there is too much supervision involved and I really hate to hear "Honey, I don't like the way it looks - lets take it apart and try this......".:c

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
why take em down christmas year round would be sweet:r

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Ours go up early - Friday after Thanksgiving because the Christmas parade comes by that Saturday night.

They come down the first Saturday or Sunday after New Years - no matter what the weather.

I have a neighbor who keeps their lights on the house year round - not a fan.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts