Cigar Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone using the Oshkosh Premier Humidifier? The following is their hype and I would like to know (being a cigar newbie) if an opionion or two is out there about this type of system.

The Oshkosh Premier Humidifier (TM) is a patent-pending cigar humidification unit which will last for months without refilling with its 10 ounce capacity. It will last about 20 times longer than those other Credo-type ("sponge-in-a-box") units. It is only 6.5"l x 2"w x 2-1/4"h and easily fits in virtually any humidor. You can use the cedar holder (item #101 for $12) or attachment kit (comes along free) to raise your humidifier higher on the humidor wall so that it stays at or above the highest cigars.

No wetting those old lid humidifiers every week, no worrying about dripping water on your cigars, no chemicals needed, no more will your cigars dry out....What more can you ask for?

With the Oshkosh Premier Humidifier, every opening of your humidor is a symphony of aroma where your well cared for cigars will feel and light just like you were in Haban

·
DymOnamic
966 Posts
I have been using a Oshkosh in a 125-150 count glasstop humi for over a year now. I do on rare times lay a sheet of Spanish cedar over the closed vents for a few days....maybe 3 times the past year it creeped into the 71-72% range....which for me is above the 68% I like for the non-isoms.
I use a 50/50 solution of distilled water and glycol. I've never lost a cigar yet! Had some pretty old ones in it (5-20+), in fact, most of the cigars in it are about 1 year +. I'm going to replace the foam someday soon with new florists foam, when I do I'll post. Be sure to set it in a cedar/box holder, if you can.

I'd do it all over again, satisfied customer. For anything larger it's the Cigar Oasis. Anything smaller, Credos, Climmax beads/Tubos.

·
DymOnamic
966 Posts
You know I really don't know if it is or not. Propylene Glycol and distilled water seems to work quite well for me. I overload that one particular humi always have cigars crammed in it to keep the humidifier working hard........still I think I've only added maybe 6-7 oz. of distilled water in the past year and a half, once because I left the OshKosh out on a move and it dried out completely in a 24 hr. period, trying to humidify a 2 car garage :p . I say try it, it's cheap insurance.
http://www.bargainhumidors.com/bh/itemdetail.asp?SKU=ACC-ACT

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.