Cigar Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked one of these up at my B&M. The guy there said they were in extremely limited release, they were only able to get there hands on a couple of boxes and he highly recommended I give one a try. They have a very large selection and usually when they recommend something or claim they are a tough find, they arent just blowing smoke (pun intended) up my arse. Anybody tried these yet? I've got it resting in the humidor but was curious what I should expect. I've never had anything by J Fuego...

· Registered
664 Posts
It's funny that you ask. I was told the same (being a limited release) and even though I shouldn't have I went ahead and bought one. I dry boxed it for a couple days, clipped the head last night, clean cut, cool....not wet, the cigar was nice and firm. The pre-light draw was a bit tight, ok that happens. Put the fire to it, lite quickly and easily and opened with a lot of peppery spice. WOW, good stuff. Well that tight draw came back to bite me within the first 1/2", it was like turning off a faucet, nothing, nada, coming through. Then (almost as quickly) the wrapper virtually exploded and it was done. Gosh darnit, I know it happens but damn it's a b***h (female dog) when it's a new cigar line. All-n-all, I did enjoy the little bit I smoked so I'll will be trying another.

· Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's funny that you ask. I was told the same (being a limited release) and even though I shouldn't have I went ahead and bought one. I dry boxed it for a couple days, clipped the head last night, clean cut, cool....not wet, the cigar was nice and firm. The pre-light draw was a bit tight, ok that happens. Put the fire to it, lite quickly and easily and opened with a lot of peppery spice. WOW, good stuff. Well that tight draw came back to bite me within the first 1/2", it was like turning off a faucet, nothing, nada, coming through. Then (almost as quickly) the wrapper virtually exploded and it was done. Gosh darnit, I know it happens but damn it's a b***h (female dog) when it's a new cigar line. All-n-all, I did enjoy the little bit I smoked so I'll will be trying another.
Intereting... one of the few reviews I was actually able to find on this cigar was that they packed a lot of tobacco into the cigar, making for a tight draw. Not sure if this was speculation or if they knew that to be true. I'm glad you liked the bit you had, I just hope I dont have the same issue!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.